Chapter two

Fernpaw with her ears flattened walked towards greyfoot her mentor, and greyfoot turned his head. "what's bugging you kit...?" "First of all I'm not a kit, I'm an apprentice!!" "And second of all...." greyfoot turned his head to see Doveflight and Petalfall. "you tried claiming petalfalls hunt again? And thus she taught you what for..?" Fernpaw's fur bristled with hostility "look if you really want to be deputy with your father as leader you really need to start hunting your own prey and stop acting like crowfood..." fernpaw's fur settled back down and looked doubtful at the ground. "We can join a hunting patrol later on if you liked.." greyfoot smiled so small but so warm. "That....that sounds great!" Fernpaw mewed and greyfoot purred amused. "But first the elders need you and so does puddlewave~" "oh come on!!" Fernpaw growled but went on with it anyways...

Puddlewave was sorting herbs and looked at the herbs as if they were her enemies... fernpaw walked into the den "greyfoot told me you need me for something..." puddlewaves ears twitched and got up and her long tail laid flat on the ground "yes I do need you...!" "Ok then, with what exactly..?" "I need some herbs..." "oh I will need something too, for the elders..." puddlewave chuckles amused "you have your paws full today don't you?" Fernpaw didn't respond... "well eventually I will have an apprentice of my own and you won't have to deal with me..." fernpaw looked at puddlewave "when?" "Either at the next ceremony for kits becoming apprentice's or before that..." Puddlewave gave fernpaw the herbs that she wanted. "I've been playing solo as a medicine cat for awhile now...I'm not as young as I look...and I'm starting to need more help...so I might need an apprentice sooner then what I expect..." fernpaw made a face once the herbs touched her mouth and nodded heading to the elders den...

Puddlewave walked out of the den and the scent of owlstar greeted her. "So you think your ready for an apprentice..?" Puddlewave looked at owlstar with her ears pricked up "which is why your visiting the nursery?" Puddlewave sighed and smiled "you got me..." owlstar purred amused as Puddlewave walked over to the nursery and went in... "sorry if I'm interrupting anything....but who's queens kits are the oldest...?" Ashfoot smiled slightly already expecting kits again and rabbitfur planning another litter despite her age. "Honeytail, you have company..." ashfoot meowed gently and honeytail the youngest and newest queen in the nursery looked at puddlewave and two kits scampered off their paws and behind the mother who licked them but her third kit, a beautiful golden she-kit with frosty blue eyes didn't move and looked at puddlewave... "I'm planning on taking on your oldest kit out of your litter as a apprentice to aid starclan as a medicine cat..." honeytail looked at daykit the golden colored kit that looked intently at puddlewave.. "You have been a medicine cat since I was a kit, so I trust you with daykit...but give her one more moon...I don't think my kit is quite ready yet..." Puddlewave nodded and touched noses with honeytail then licked daykit.. "that's fine, whatever you prefer..." puddlewave walked out of the den and headed to the leaders den... "owlstar I've made my decision..." "that was quick.." "I'm making daykit honeytails kit my apprentice but I'm giving her one more moon.." "I see...I have a patrol to organize and join.." owlstar nodded puddlewave a goodbye and puddlewave exchanges the farewell and heads back to her den and lays down in her moss bed and rested her head....

Doveflight yawned stretching her front paws out and her tail curling. "Tired..?" Petalfall meowed quietly "a little...." responded Doveflight licking her mouth and a snowy white she-cat with a sleek and slender body approached the two warriors "oh hey snowrush..!" Meowed Petalfall And snowrush's tail twitched. Doveflight scanned snowrush and raised an eyebrow "you don't look like you're expecting kits..." snowrush grunted and sighed "mainly because just yesterday I found out I was expecting them.." Doveflight looked down and left a bitter taste in her own mouth "sorry...I didn't know the full story.." "it's fine Doveflight...." snowrush grabbed the thrush and a mouse or two and laid down and began eating. "So your still taking Warrior duty's until you feel like you're about to kit...?" Doveflight asked politely as Petalfall seemed to have the some thought in her mind and looked at snowrush. "Yes, And after I'm done nursing I'm not staying a queen and will continue being a warrior..." snowrush ate the rabbit away quickly and burried the remaining carcass and nibbled on one of the mice.. "me and Doveflight assumed that was your plan.." snowrush simply nodded. A loud yowl was heard and it was the sound of Doveflight's father and got up, and ran off without hesitation "Doveflight wait!!!" Petalfall chased after Doveflight and snowrush simply got up and hastily went to owlstar.