Chapter 4

Doveflight woke up in a startle only to wince in pain as Puddlewave walked over to her and held a paw to Doveflights fur "stay down doveflight...everything is fine.."

Puddlewaves mew echoing through the mostly empty medicine den.

Doveflight groaned and laid her head back down seeming desperate to be outside in the field running around again.

"Your wounds will be healed by tomorrow if you stay and rest..." puddlewaves meow was comforting in a way so much so doveflight was able to rest her head again with a smile...

Puddlewave sighed and smiled lightly and went back to thought of the words from starclan. Looking back and fourth between doveflight and the exit from the den she realized...

"Two wind winged bird siblings..."

"You might be more special then you know doveflight..."

Puddlewave walked out of the den glancing at doveflight one more time before seeing if owlstar is in his den to talk.....

Maplefoot POV

Riverclan warrior

When I was young my mother was killed by my father nightstrike. Nightstrikes original plan was to kill all of his family he had but I was the only sole survivor...his mother was killed his father was the deputy so even bigger challenge but he did it....he was exiled countless moons ago back when I was just a kit....I'm not a young warrior...I've been around for a long time yet I'm not quite a senior warrior....but my loyalty shines above the rests and the only reason I'm not deputy right now is because silverstars own kin managed to take one of his lives and been exiled....he is going through a emotional struggle and hasn't taken a deputy Yet....silverstar is a great Tom to lead riverclan and he has been leader since I was a kit...two cats from riverclan exiled and both of them killers...hopefully the new found rouges can learn not to kill everything in their path....

After all.....

My last apprentice was silverfoot....

Fernpaws tail twitched as she crept quietly towards the scent of rabbit the sound of her fur brushing against the heather completely silent as greyfoot watched from a far. Suddenly fernpaw charged towards the rabbit only to get a whiff of a unfamiliar scent before catching the rabbit... holding her prey in jaw she walked towards greyfoot.

Greyfoot returned a wide smile before his own senses told him something isn't right and his expression changed dramatically stepping infront if fernpaw in a protective format "be ready to fight with me Alright...?"

Fernpaw nodded half trembling.

Suddenly the heather was still and a jet black muscular Tom attacked greyfoot and pinned him down lashing his teeth at greyfoot neck. Greyfoot yowled in pain trying to kick the jet black Tom off him and failing. Fernpaw suddenly jumped at the black Tom and managed to get him of greyfoot. Greyfoot scrambled to his paws baring his teeth before being teared backwards by a skinny light brown she-cat with her rib cage showing vibrantly and before long the she-cat thrown him into the ground biting neck and neck. Back with fernpaw the black Tom has pinned the young She-cat and the black Toms claws digging into fernpaws fur tearing out clumps of the apprentices fur.

Then he went for the neck and even with fernpaw trying her best she was nothing compared to the muscular and battle experienced Tom.

Fernpaw yowled but soon feel limp as greyfoot was also defeated and collapsed.

Suddenly a silver tabby appeared "You two did well...we should go now a patrol heard the cats yowls..." "stickclaw..." the silvert tabby looked at the light brown starved to death she-cat vibrating with excitement and a insane look to her expression "try to come in earlier..." stickclaw giggled and purred with amusement with blood dripping from her mouth.

"Nightstrike....beautiful timing and battling...good job..." the silver tabby looked at the jet black Tom who glared at the silver tabby she-cat with a sinister grin "and good job not helping...silverfoot...." the jet black Tom responded.

The three rouges disappeared just as the patrol got there and Crowshade looked in shook at what he just saw "Crowshade, snowrush!! Go back to camp and get Puddlewave!!! NOW!!" Hissed shrewtail

Snowrush the fastest runner in windclan beat Crowshade to the camp with no effort and grabbed the whole camps attention. Honeytails kits were out exploring in camp grounds and pinekit poppykit and stripedkit retreated back to their mother when shrewtail and Petalfall helped carry the wounded mentor and killed apprentice.

But daykit stayed and stared at the wounded cats as they were carried to the medicine den in a rush the hissing Of worry's sounding more muffled the further they go... daykit followed the group before honeytails could realize that one of her kits are missing.

Puddlewave was examining fernpaw and covering her wounds with cobweb as daykit stood by Puddlewave and helped hold down on the cobwebs as Puddlewave looked at daykit with her soft eyes daykit smiled and mewed proudly using both front paws to hold down on the cobwebs.

Puddlewave walked over to greyfoot and wrapped his wounds in cobwebs as well.

It was just daykit and puddlewave now everybody left to not burden Puddlewave whilst she did her work.

After a few hours owlstar burst through the den opening "is fernpaw going to be ok!?" Daykit was back with honeytail and it was only Puddlewave now...

"I'm...I'm fraid not owlstar....she is limp and ice cold...." Puddlewave walked up to owlstar and owlstar trembled with furry "who killed her!? She was the only one I had left!!!"

"Owlstar please!! She's is starclan now!! At least she dosent have to suffer through pain....and...you still have me..."

Owlstar growled tearing up "it was probably riverclan...so many exiled cats These last long moons I bet you it was riverclan!!"

"Owlstar are you even listing to me!?"

"I DONT CARE!!" Owlstar spat at Puddlewave in a hiss

"I'm going to head over to riverclan and kill some of their most noble warriors...they'll regret killing my kin..."

"Owlstar I know your hurt but please are clan wouldn't stand a chance!! We are weak from bare leaf your mate died from green cough!! And so did our best warriors!! If we are left any weaker then we won't survive!!"

"Puddlewave...as your leader I command you to BE QUIET!!"

Owlstar left the den his shoulders hunched as he headed off to his den growling.

Puddlewave sighed and doveflight stood behind her

"He wouldn't a-actually l-launch an attack r-right?" Doveflight looked at Puddlewave.

Puddlewave snapped her neck around and looked at doveflight sternly "lay back down sweetheart last thing you need to worry about is our home becoming no more Alright...." Doveflight sighed and went back to sleep.

Puddlewave sat down infront of her herbs her tail curling around her paws and for the first time she felt as if she could do more...

Suddenly she felt a tug at her pelt then a tiny mew was heard and Puddlewave snapped her head to look at the golden colored kit daykit...

"Shouldn't you be with your mother right now daykit?" Daykit mewed again and picked up the death berries in her mouth.

"HEY HEY SPIT THAT OUT!!"

Puddlewave hissed worried like as daykit dropped them and whimpered

"It's ok daykit...these are just really deadly..."

Puddlewave shoved the death berries infront of daykit.

Daykit tilted her head and nodded as she pushed them back towards Puddlewave.

Puddlewave smiled "don't you worry...you'll be able to work with me soon then I could teach you more..." Daykit mewed happily and Puddlewave picked her up by her neck scruff "now you go back to your mother~" Daykit dangling from puddlewaves mouth grunted slightly and as Puddlewave nudged her towards her mother Puddlewave swore that she saw stars in the golden pelt kit.