Chapter Thirteen

Hearing her father's voice outside, Carson stood in the doorway of her room

"I'm glad I caught you both. Mrs. Lodge and I were headed up to the lake house this weekend, but it looks like we're going to cancel due to some business. So why don't you kids go instead? You know, make a little romantic getaway," Hiram smiled.

Carson furrowed her brows, chewing down on her bottom lip.

"Wow, thank you, Mr. Lodge," Archie thanked.

"That'd be amazing, Daddy," Veronica smiled.

"Andre can drive you up and stay nearby, in case you want to go into town –"

"No! No chaperones. Andre can drop us off, and pick us up on Sunday night, we don't need one of your spies shadowing us," Veronica shook her head.

"Fine, mija. Hey, why don't you invite Betty and Jughead? Make a real weekend out of it," Hiram suggested, looking over Veronica's shoulder to see her other daughter.

Archie and Veronica both turned as well.

"Hey, Big sis. You wanna join? Invite Sweet Pea?" Veronica asked.

"Yeah, You know, that way I can get a chance to come to proper terms with him," Archie shrugged.

Carson chuckled, "Uh, actually I think I'm gonna stay. 'Love, Simon' is going to be given tomorrow night at the theatre so me and Sweet Pea are gonna go catch that. I think I might stay the weekend with him too."

"Mija –"

"Papá, dijiste que pueden tener un fin de semana romántico y yo también necesito uno de esos," Carson winked, "I'll be spending the weekend with Sweet Pea. Oh, and what I just said, for Archie, is: he said you guys can have a couples weekend and I need one of those too. Now, I gotta go, I'm meeting him and two of our other friends for breakfast. Hope you guys have a great weekend. I know I will."

"All right!" Carson started, clapping her hands, attracting Sweet Pea's, Toni's, And Fangs' attention, "We all up for tomorrow night? Love, Simon is being given and I cannot wait."

"I'm going, what about you, Toni?" Fangs asked, looking at the girl beside him.

Toni nodded, "Yeah, sure. You, Sweet Pea?"