Chapter Nineteen

"Jughead, I love you

"Jughead, I love you. You know I love you a hell of a lot, and I always agree with you with all of your ideas. But this could be the one I disagree with and not sure about," Carson said, looking down at the chains that chained her and eight other serpents to Southside High school.

"Don't start doubting me now, Car," Jughead frowned.

"No, I'm not it's just —" Carson looked up to see Archie arrive on his bike, "Oh, look who finally showed up. The Calvery's finally here. Guess we caught my father's attention."

Sweet Pea chuckled at Carson's mood change.

"Are The two of you nuts?" Archie questioned, "Chaining yourself to this place? They're gonna tear it down in two days, guys."

Jughead scoffed, "Not If Hiram wants the blood of eight younger serpents and his own daughter on his hands. We're not going anywhere."

Carson smirked, "Archibald, Why don't you go tell your boss that."

Archie scoffed. Carson raised her hand and waved her fingers lightly.

Later on that night, Jughead and Carson were by themselves while the other serpents left to warm up.

"Last woman and man standing," FP said as he walked over to his son and his son's best friend, "What happened to no Serpent left behind?"

"Ah, they were claimed by frostbite," Carson replied, "They'll be back after some coffee. They'll warm up."

FP sighed and lifted a bag of Pops, Carson's eyes lighting up.

"Too bad. I got a dozen burgers," FP complained, glancing at Carson and chuckling, "Guess they're all yours now."

Carson went to grab the bag, but Jughead sighed and grabbed her hand causing her to groan.

"Come on, boy. It's just you, me, and Carson.  I'm not gonna tell anyone you guys broke your hunger strike."

Ten minutes later, FP sat in between the two teens as they scarfed down burgers, having almost finished all of them on their own.

"So, uh. . just like clockwork, I got a call from Hiram," FP started, making Carson scoff.

"What the hell is he offering this time?" Carson asked, swallowing a piece of her burger.