Daddy's Little Soldier

October 2003

"You don't always have to follow his every move, his every command, Dean! Learn how to choose for yourself for once in your life! Make up your own damn mind!" I shout with every fiber in my being. My arms flailing about with every word I scream towards the green-eyed hunter.

"What do you want me to do Y/N?! He's my dad, I can't bring my self to fucking disrespect him like that! He's the one that taught me everything I know about hunting, I wouldn't be who I am now if it wasn't for him. So if he says this is the best way to take care of this hunt, this is the best damn way!" Dean screams back with just as much fury.

"Oh I know, Dean! But please tell me again how respectable this guy is to you?! Need I remind you of all the things he's done to you?! He's the one that kicked out your brother, he's the one that keeps hating on me just for being with you and being your so called 'distraction', he's the one that turned you into daddy's perfect little soldier by the time you were five!" I point my finger at him in annoyance with every detail I listed off.

"Screw you!" Dean says, "You know maybe he's right. Maybe you are a distraction to me  and you should just leave." Dean's voice lowers to almost a whisper. Tears start to blur my vision, but I choked them back just to get one last comment in,

"Because your dear daddy dearest is right about everything, isn't he?!"

Dean's painful look soon fades away from your comment, anger once again taking its place.

"About this he damn well is! Why don't you do us all a favor and leave already! Maybe my dad and I could handle this hunt a whole lot better then!"

"My pleasure!" I shouted, blinking back tears as I threw my belongings into a duffel bag. Without looking back at Dean I walk out of the crappy motel room, slamming the door behind me. Once in my car, I finally let the tears roll down my face. The man I loved just kicked me out. And all for what? A big blow out over him being the little soldier he was towards his dad. I grip the steering wheel, my knuckles turning white as I sped down the road leaving the motel...and Dean behind.