Just My Luck

Two Years Later

I haven't seen Dean, or any of the Winchester's for that matter, in nearly three years. I spent my time hunting, drinking, or hooking up with people I'd meet in bars; trying to forget the green-eyed hunter who'd claimed my heart.

Before Sam had left for college, he'd always tease me for being the woman version of Dean. We had the same coping mechanisms, the same ways to try and forget the pain for a little while. We listened to the same music and always ended up sarcastically calling people out... ignoring all of Sam's chastising. Sam would sometimes look up at Dean and me from the booth across from him at a diner and tell us how perfect we were for each other.

Sam. After John had kicked him out, John, Dean, and I all lost contact with him and boy do I miss him. Almost as much as I miss his pain in the ass older brother. Sam was my best friend. I was heartbroken when he left, but not nearly as much as Dean was. He wouldn't come clear about how he was feeling due to the fact that he is in fact Dean Winchester: he doesn't believe in sharing emotions. Or it was out of fear he might disrespect his father by saying how much he missed his younger brother. His younger brother he was in charge of, took care of ever since he was a toddler. Maybe that was one of the reasons Dean got mad easily the day he kicked me out. Maybe the pain of losing his brother finally came to surface.

I sighed, leaning my head back as I took another swing of whiskey. Thinking about the Winchester brothers was too painful. I finished off the rest of my drink and signaled to the bartender I needed another. To try and occupy my mind, I thought back to the day I found out the creatures I once thought were just nightmares actually walked the Earth.

(Flashback to 1996 when I was 17 years old)

I knocked on the door to my brother's best friends house. My parents were out of town so I was left to go pick my 11 year old brother, Max up. The door swung open to reveal Ben's (Max's friend) smiling mother.

"Hello Y/N. Thanks for coming to pick Max up. I would have dropped him off , but unfortunately I have a ton of papers to grade." Ben's mother greeted me. I smiled remembering she was a teacher.

"Oh no problem Mrs. H! I wasn't busy." I replied as Mrs. H let me into her house.

"The boys are in Ben's room." Mrs. H nodded towards the hallway leading to the room. I nodded in return to show my acknowledgement as I headed to Ben's room.

"Max," I leaned up against the doorway as I watched my brother play video games with his best friend. He looked up at the sound of my voice with a grin on his face.

"Hey Y/N we're almost done, can we stay for one second please?" Max pleaded. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head, receiving the biggest smile from Max.

I opened my mouth to say something to him when I heard a shriek coming from the kitchen where Mrs. H was. I spun around as the boys looked up in confusing and horror. We all three ran to where Mrs. H was to see her being bitten in the neck by what seemed to be a person with fangs. Ben screamed as he watched the "man" slowly drain his mom of blood. Max grabbed my hand and tried to block out the image by hiding behind my back. I stood frozen to the ground too shocked to do anything. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw another "man" appear and bite down on Ben's neck. Max gripped my hand tighter as sobs racked his body. I grabbed a knife that was lying close on the kitchen counter and threw it at the beast biting my brother's best friend. What shocked me even more than whatever these things were was that it didn't even flinch when the knife hit its chest. He just dropped the now dead Ben and started to make his way towards my brother and me. I grabbed Max and put him behind me, trying to protect him. I tried to think of my next move when the sound of glass distracted both me and the beast. I looked to my right to see two men had broken open the window and were now cutting off the heads of the two beasts that had just eaten Ben and Mrs. H. The men looked up from the cut off heads towards me and my brother both shaking in fear. One of the men slowly made his way over to us with his hands in the air, showing he had dropped his weapons.

"Hey there, I'm Bobby Singer and this is my partner Rufus Turner. I'm sorry about your friends. I promise you're safe now," The man spoke in a gruff voice.

"What were those things?" I asked, still holding my brother behind me. The man who called himself Bobby looked over to Rufus with a questioning gaze.

"Might as well tell them," Rufus looked towards Bobby, slowly letting his gaze drop on the cowering Max behind me.

"These here are vampires," Bobby explained as I looked at him as if he was the craziest person to ever exist. Which it defiantly seemed like as he just claimed vampires actually existed.

"Like Dracula?" Max finally spoke up, stepping forward.

"Exactly like Dracula. Except instead of a wooden stake to the heart, it's cutting off their heads that kills them," Bobby said to the 11 year old.

"Real funny. But if you don't mind we just saw two people get murdered, I'd rather get the real answer not some stupid joke." I glared at the men across from me.

"Believe us. Don't believe us. We just saved your asses from guys with fangs how real of an answer are you expecting here? What else would describe the event you just witnessed?" Rufus was the one to talk this time as Bobby scoffed at him for speaking like that to two scared children.

I gulped. He was right, what else would describe this? I must be losing it.

"Do you have any other relatives that you could live with?" Bobby question me.

"We have our parents, they're just out of town. I was picking up my little brother here from his friend's house." I looked down to Ben and Mrs. H lying motionlessly on the floor.

Bobby came over and crouched down besides Max, "I'm sorry for your losses little man." Max sniffles and gave a small smile to Bobby.

"Come on, you guys can stay at my place while I call your parents to pick you up," Bobby said as he stood up, walking towards the door with Rufus. Max and I followed them towards their truck.

"So, if fictional vampires that they've made loads of cheesy movies about exist, do other monsters exist as well?" I asked as I pilled into the backseat after Max.

"Oh kiddo, there's a lot out there that you wouldn't even begin to believe," Rufus answered as he glanced at me in the rear view mirror.