Snake Bites [Platonic Anxceit]

AU:×
Ship: Platonic! Anxciet {sorta}
Prompt:×
Requested by:×
Warnings: Blood, snake bites, and hints of self-harm.
F/A/S: Angst
POV: 3rd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life happened so I couldn't complete all that I wanted to for this week....

I apologize,
I'm working on some Logince, Logicality and Analogical angst.
{Funny, none of that has to do with Logan being upset...}

And... Who knows...

Maybe some fluff is in order.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Isn't he going to come down and eat with us?" Patton asked as he glanced up to the staircase. Virgil shook his head, "He's sick again..." He mumbled. "Aw, poor thing..." "I'd rather you not quote Sweeney Todd while we are eating, Patton." Roman said, immediately switching the topic. Virgil blanked out of the conversation around that point, his mind was racing with possibilities, possibilities and probability... Deceit now almost always seemed to be sick, and getting worse every day...

Even Thomas had noticed as Deceit's villainous facade he kept around him began to falter ever so slightly. Him and Deceit never left off on good terms, but, he didn't hate him... Something was wrong... Very wrong... and he just couldn't quite tell what. Of course, since Deceit is obviously, Deceit, he wouldn't say anything about him acting strangely. When directly questioned, he would lie, big shocker, and say it was nothing, that nothing was wrong, that he wasn't acting weird and that he was just sick and that was it.

"-rgil?" Patton asked, making Virgil look up and realize Patton had asked him a question. "Huh- what? Sorry... I spaced out..." He said. "Oh, it's okay, I was just wondering if you were going to join us in the imagination tonight." Patton repeated. Virgil thought for a second, more worried with Deceit's condition than just hanging out a at really over-the-top castle and kingdom scenario that Roman had dreamt up. He shook his head "Nah, not tonight." "Oh... Well... Alright!"

Later that night, Virgil was in his room, scrolling through Tumblr. He heard a loud swear followed by hissing, and violent coughing coming from the room beside his. Instantly he stood and speed-walked over to the next room. The door was slightly cracked open, so hesitantly, he pushed it open. "Deceit?" He asked quietly. Deceit didn't notice him immediately, which allowed Virgil to fully see the situation. Deceit was coughing into his arm, he didn't have his glove on and his sleeve was rolled up. His non-gloved hand was wrapped around his shoulder.

Virgil's eyes widened as he saw little holes all scattered across Deceit's hand, they were all in sets of two, each about an inch apart... Only then, did Deceit notice him. He quickly spun to face him, choking back a few coughs that still plagued him. He snapped his fingers and his glove was back on and his sleeve was rolled down. "Thanks for knocking, Virgil." He said

"What was on your hand?" Virgil asked, stepping closer to him. "I have no idea what you're talking about..." Deceit said without a single trace of hesitation. "What did you come in here for anyway? I thought you were in the imagination with the others" He asked. "You sounded like you were fuckin' dying in here..." Virgil responded before sighing, "And I saw the little holes on your hand... what were those..."

Deceit rolled his eyes "I have three snakes Virgil... I totally don't get bitten by them every once in awhile." "That seemed like a lot more than just every once in awhile, and they're never violent or anything towards us or you when you have one of them in the common room." Virgil stated, deadpanned making it obvious he isn't gonna be dissuaded so easily.

"Virgil, it's fine-"

"Wait aren't they poisonous?"

"Yes, but their venom doesn't harm me at-" He was cut off by another couple of violent coughs before he cleared his throat and continued. "At all." "Still, Deceit... that seemed like a lot...can I at least-" Virgil reached out his hand towards Deceit's, who immediately pulled his hand away. "No. It's fine Virgil..." He said, calmly as he realized how obvious he was being and mentally cursing himself for it.

Virgil paused, thinking about the situation and how desperately Deceit was trying to hide... the way he was acting gave him a chill, making him remember a time he really wished he hadn't, him and Patton had been in this very same situation before... He was hoping that this wasn't the exact same as that situation.

"Dee..." Virgil said quietly, "can I see your arm?" Deceit unconsciously shifts away from Virgil ever so slightly. "No need to, everything is fine." Again, spoken quickly not a hint of hesitation. "I know what you're thinking Virgil... and That's not the truth... I would never stoop to such levels..." He said, his voice having a slightly darker tone to it. "I don't believe you... Me and Patton both lied about this.. Do you expect me to think that you of all sides wouldn't?"

Before Deceit could think of a clever way to reply, Virgil quickly grabbed his arm, with a tight grip, managing to barely fit his thumb under Deceit's sleeve. Realizing that he was right as he felt the familiar thick liquid. "OW! STOP!!" Deceit yelled shoving Virgil away, quickly adjusting his sleeve to be back to covering his entire arm. Virgil glanced down at his hand and sure enough, there was an almost excessive amount of blood on his fingers.

When he looked back to Deceit, he was startled at the death glare he was given. "Dec-"

"Get out."

"Bu-"

"LEAVE!!" Deceit yelled as he shoved him out of his room, making Virgil fall flat on his back outside the door, just as it was slammed shut, and locked.