Chapter 2: The First Lesson

KANEKI'S POV

I opened my eyes groggily letting them adjust to the sudden light. A quick panic flashed in my mind before I remembered what had happened and why I was here. I studied my surroundings for a while before a man with a grayish white beard came out of the door and our eyes locked at each other's.

DUMBLEDORE'S POV

I decided to visit our new 'visitor' before the class and also tell him important facts about this school. When I stepped inside, the ghoul was fully awake and looking straight at me. Our eyes locked as I was actually surprised how human the creature looked. Then I saw the opened package and blood splattered near it. It was disgusting as that reminded me of the eating habits of the creature.

"Hello there, I hope you slept well. I'm Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts." I said as I came closer to the cage. "I'm here to tell you facts that you need to know before the first lesson." I continued.

I told the ghoul about magic, Hogwarts, and the professors that it will be associated with. The ghoul didn't interrupt me even once, just quietly listening to everything.

KANEKI'S POV

The man explained a lots of weird things from magic to professors. If I understood correctly, I was kidnapped by Hogwarts so they could use me as and example in their japanese ghouls lessons. As the man named Dumbledore finished, I nodded in understanding.

"The lesson is going to start soon, so stay nicely in the cage. I'm going to put this cloth over it. Dumbledore said as he threw the cloth over my cage. Then I heard his steps going away. Suddenly the cage moved, and not too much later I heard talking. The voices sounded like around teenage boys and girls, so I assumed that I was now in the classroom. Then I waited.

HARRY'S POV

Me, Hermione and Ron walked towards the forest area where the care of magical creatures class is held. When we arrived, there was a box (they could only see the shape okay?) with cloth thrown over it. We looked at each other confused, but in the end it's Hagrid and you never know about him.

KANEKI'S POV

"What's with the box?" I heard whispering with the help of my sharp senses. "I don't know." another voice joined the conversation.

"Hello, students." I recognized a familiar voice. Hagrid. "Today we will learn about a very interesting species. If someone knows, care to tell us what this species might be? I can hint that they live only in Japan." Hagrid questioned the students. The cloth was still over my cage so no student could see me, and I couldn't see them.

"Yes, miss Granger?" Hagrid said. "Could it be japanese ghouls, sir." A female voice said with a questioning tone. "Excellent! Five points to Gryffindor." Hagrid exclaimed happily. I could swear that I heard someone mutter: "That mudblood knows everything. What a nerd."

"Ghouls, huh? We already had one lesson about them. Who even wants to learn about those smelling and harmless pieces of garbage?" An arrogant voice piped in, followed by agreeing humming. (XD?)

"Well, Mister Malfoy, Japanese ghouls are very different from the ghouls you know already. They are dangerous. That's why we have this lesson today." Hagrid said to the boy.

"Anyone knows how exactly do the japanese version of ghouls differ from our harmless ones?" The half giant asked the class.

"Miss Granger?" "The Japanese ghouls are very humanoid creatures who have an extra organ called kagune, and they eat human flesh as their food." The answer gained a few gasps and terrified looks (that Kaneki couldn't see) from the students.