ch 7 mixed emotions

and as we started rehearsing Edward said that the program was in 10 days

I didn't mind because I already knew my steps but I was worried about the costume and the lip synching.

the back up dancers and Edward were learning their steps they were having a tough time about it.

we all are dancing the same steps from the song itself as I don't choreograph and they don't basically know the kind of steps they use so we're sticking to it.

I still haven't danced the.steps with them as they can be done only when they learn their parts.

the thing is I only have one part of 20 seconds with heavy dance that shows my potential and small steps other than that.

until now only Edward has seen me dance and no one else has. so edward wants to surprise them and the audience.

after Edward had learnt his steps he sat next to me and I started to ask him.

me "you learnt the lip synching?"

he showed and I realized he learnt it even if it wasn't very accurate.

me "what about the dress?"

him "oh about that I wanted to ask your age"

me "don't you know that it's rude to ask a woman her age?"

him "I know but the dress will depend on it"

me "in what way?"

him "I don't know Lucy told me to ask"

oh I also forgot to mention even she's in the dance group.

me "ok I turned 23 this year"

him "oh when is your birthday?"

me "on July 11 so when is yours and how old are you?"

him "I'm 23 too"

me "ok.. I thought u were a year or more older than me"

him "now why is that?"

me "because I heard you were here before"

him "well that was for my college but I'm in the same college for my higher studies too"

ok.... I never knew that

***
and as few days went by that is 3 days to be exact. they had (the back up dancers and Edward)learnt their steps so now I was going to practise with them.

as we all got ready I pressed the play button that started playing song we all took our positions.

as the words started playing we all did our respective moves.

and as my 20 seconds part came I started dancing and as I finished I had realized that everyone had stopped dancing and was looking at me with dumbstruck faces......

and I was confused why do they look at me like that??!!?!

and so I asked it was Robert who answered first

"umm that's just because you just plainly dance so GREAT!!!!!!!!!! now I understand why Edward wanted you to join.

me "we'll that makes 2 of you"

Lucy "make it 3"

and some other guy "just why don't you make it all of us!???"

oh wow now I was dumbstruck I thought I didn't dance so well.......

***

today was the day of the dance and I was very nervous.

no one other than the dance group know about me dancing so saved for now.

and the program is in the evening so I have to go to the make up person after the college day gets over.

***

It was taking every ounce of my strength to not bite my nails as they were beautiful I had painted them so beautifully taking a lot of time and my patience.

I am talented in nail art......

and as I got out of my last class of the day I was blinded by the speed of 2 people I didn't see who they were they just came one on each of my sides and grabbed me by my hand and just dragged me away and covered my mouth with their hands.......

and as they removed their hands from my mouth I examined where I was.

I was in a room that had all sorts of make up and dresses and I realized where we were.

"you know I was planning on coming here...."

"ya we knew but Edward told us that you didn't know where the room was" told the make up people.

"well you know you could have made it not look like your kidnapping me you know...."

"We're sorry?"

" anyways now that i am here lets start"

***

after an hour or an hour to me as I didn't keep track of time that gave me a dress to wear that was knee length.

it felt like sweater material, and felt really good. As for how it looked it was cream in colour with full sleeves. The Sleeves had black colour flowers, leaves and stems from my shoulder till my wrist.

There were the same designs on my body from my chest till my knees. Black colour flowers, leaves and stems. When i wore it, it felt so comfortable and i realised that i could easily dance with it on.

I have never worn a dress before and now im really happy because this beautiful one is the first one im wearing!!!!

I came out of the room and turned towards the mirror to have a good look of myself.

I.Looked.so.beautiful

I asked them the time and they said it was 4:30.

Half an hour!

I still had like half an hour more......

"you know it took the least amount of time to do your make up ever in my history" said one

"that's basically because she already has make up on" said the other.

now I said "I don't wear make up but maybe I do if you consider kohl as one, and half an hour is less for you people?"

"u only wear kohl??? that's it? that means you have an amazing skin after the dance come and meet us and tell us your skin secrets we are dying to know" they both said choruslly

me "umm ok?"

"but answer my question!!!!!"i asked again

"what question?''

"Only half an hour? isnt that a bit too long?"

"nope. you know it takes hours of makeup for so many people in this college"

one replied

"other people?"

"other people as in people in drama club, cheer leaders etc...."

"oh"

after that we had to assemble in our places the thing is I don't have any back-up dancers for me it was only the guys so I was standing alone in my station or place or whatever thinking about what was gonna happen in a few minutes.

______________________________________________________________

A/N above is the picture of what Akshhya is wearing for the dance.