Don't Mock Me ~ Dean Winchester

"C'mon Jay, we've gotta hit the road!" Olivia Holden shouted to her younger sister. Even though it was only about six in the morning, they needed to leave soon if they wanted to get to Colorado Springs by the end of the day.

     Jay made a slight sound of acknowledgment as she dragged her still half-asleep body from the crappy motel to their '64 Dodge Polara. She threw the bag containing her clothes in the backseat and held on to her laptop case, hoping to be able to get some research done during the drive.

     "Why don't you get some more sleep. You can do your nerd thing later," Olivia told her, seeing the way Jay's eyes drooped. She hadn't been sleeping lately.

     "It's called research, you should try it sometime," Jay mumbled tiredly, resting her head back against the head rest.

     "Why would I do that when I have you?" the older Holden sister laughed, turning on the radio. The beginning chords of Eye of the Tiger filled the vehicle, making Olivia smile. It was one of her favourite songs. However, Jay groaned.

     "How many times have we listened to this song? Geez, you need to get some new music," she complained, picking up the box that contained all of her sister's cassette tapes. "Maybe that's what I'll get you for Christmas. Have you ever heard of a CD?" Her question earned her a slap on the arm from her sister.

     "How old do you think I am?" Olivia mocked and offended expression.

     "Old."

     Needless to say, the road trip was long and filled with the bickering of the sisters. They got to Colorado Springs at about ten o'clock.

     A woman by the name of Marjory Lawrence had been terrorizing the children of Colorado Springs for the last few weeks. So far, two had ended up dead. A friend of the Holden's had called them and told them about the case. He was an older man who had lost his right leg years ago during a hunt, so he wasn't in the best shape to take it on himself.

     "Take a left up here," Jay told her sister, looking at the map in her hands, "The cemetery is just down that road a bit."

     Olivia turned the corner and pulled up beside the graveyard, looking around from inside the car. The sisters would be coming back after midnight to do the salt and burn, but she wanted to know what she was dealing with.

     From what she could see, the gravestones were all fairly small, except for a few that stood a few feet higher than all the rest. They looked out of place, but there were always a few like that in a cemetery.

     Every thing seemed to be normal. It was a quieter part of town, and given the time, the streets weren't too busy and the shops were nearly empty.

     The sisters drove around the perimeter of the cemetery to see it from all angles, then began to search for the closest motel. They would have to wait about two or three hours before they could do what they went there to do, and they would probably spend the night to catch up on some much needed sleep. They would have gotten right to it as soon as they arrived, but the cemetery was in the middle of town and it would attract too much attention if they were to dig up a grave and burn a body at ten o'clock at night.

     They found a small motel about three miles outside of town. It didn't look very promising, but it was cheap, so the sisters decided that it was good enough for one night.

     They entered the lobby, noticing that it was a tacky yellow colour that had long since began chipping away. Standing behind the front desk was a short, plump woman. She was smacking her gum loudly and popping bubbles every few chews as she flipped through a magazine. Olivia headed over with Jay following close behind her.