You Talk A Lot ~ Kevin Tran

The young man was laying on his back on the ground, shaking with fear. In his hands, he clutched the angel tablet.
     "I'm a... K-Kevin Tran. I'm in advanced placement. P-p-please don't kill me."
     Yeah, I know, not exactly the most romantic way to meet someone, huh?

     It's hard to believe that it's been a few years since Kevin and I met. We've fought through all of the bad times together; just him and I. But Sam and Dean helped us, too.
     At the moment, the brothers were out investigating some local murder. It was a weird one, so they wanted to check it out to see if it was their kind of weird.
     Kevin and I were under house arrest; Kevin needed to be kept safe and I needed to stay to make sure nothing happened to him. You see, God had assigned me to be his protector.
     Before I met Sam, Dean and Cas, I didn't believe in God, angels, or any other biblical creature. My parents were frequent church goers, but I never really thought much of any of it.
     Then one day, out of the blue, I was struck by lightning. When I woke up, there was only one thing on my mind: Kevin Tran. I later found out that it happened on the same day that Kevin became a prophet.

     I was sitting on the couch, deep in thought. I don't know how long I had been sitting there, but my back side was becoming numb.
     "Aleeyah? Aleeyah!" Kevin waved his hand at me from where he sat in his chair, breaking my concentration, "You've been staring at me for the last fifteen minutes. What were you thinking about?" I hadn't realized that I had been staring.
    "Sorry," I apologized sheepishly, letting out an awkward laugh, "I was thinking about the night Sam, Meg, and I chased you to get the angel tablet." He nodded.
     "A lot has changed since then," he commented.
     "Yeah, you actually got a haircut," I smirked, crossing my right leg over my left. He playfully rolled his eyes then ran his hand through his short hair. It looked good on him. Well, anything looked good on him actually.
     "What about you?" he said, motioning towards me.
     "What about me?" I raised an eyebrow and tilted my head slightly.
     "Um...y-you're taller than me," Kevin made up. I let out a laugh.
     "I've always been taller then you," I pointed out. I wanted to know how I had changed in his eyes; his opinion meant a lot to me. Correction: he meant a lot to me.
     "Well, you've...," his voice dropped, making me unable to hear him.
     "What was that, Kev? You're gonna have to speak up," I told him, waiting patiently.
     "I said you've gotten prettier since I first met you," he replied, "Not that you weren't pretty before. I-I mean, you've always been really beautiful, you've just gotten more so over the years, like wine; better with age. Did you know that wine-"
     I got up and sat beside him, placing my lips gently against his to stop him from rambling on any longer. He sat there, frozen in his seat. Just as I began to pull away, afraid that he didn't feel the same for me, he rested his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me back towards him.
     I moved my hands to his shoulders, while his both slid down to my waist. Before long, I found myself straddling his lap, our lips still connected. We separated, breathing heavily. We said nothing as we stared into each others eyes.

     His were beautiful brown that warmed my heart, reminding me of hot chocolate on a cold winter day. Silently, I laid my head on his chest and put my arms around his slouched body, still sitting on top of him.
     I could hear his heart beat as it pounded away in his chest. It was quite fast, making me smile. I couldn't help but hope that that was the effect that I hand on him.
     He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me against his warm body. Resting his head against mine, he sighed contently, making my head go up and down with his movement.
     "You talk a lot," I said as I raised my head, looking up at him. He chuckled, grinning down at me.
     "I guess I need someone like you to shut me up once in a while," he told me, lifting his hand to move a piece of hair off of my face. Tucking it behind my ear, he cupped my face and leaned in again.
     As his lips moved with mine, I felt him rub circles on my cheek with his thumb. When we pulled away, I noticed the bluish-purple bags under his eyes. For the first time that afternoon, I realized just how tired I was.
     Yawning, I put my head back where it was, closing my eyes. Just as I was drifting off, I felt him press his warm lips against my forehead.

     I heard the door slam, but couldn't persuade myself to open my eyes, still tired from my nap. I didn't know how long I had been asleep or where I was, but by the way it felt, I was still on Kevin's lap in the living room.
     Footsteps approached us and Kevin shifted under me. I couldn't tell if he was awake or not. His arms were still securely around my waist and his head was on top of mine.
     The sound of keys being thrown on the table made the weight of hi head disappear off of mine. He must be awake.
     "Well, you two got pretty cozy," Dean remarked. I guess they were back.
     "She's still sleeping," Kevin whispered, stroking my hair gently.
     "Did you get some?" I could practically see Dean wagging his eyebrows, smirking.
     "Um, no, we just, um," Kevin stuttered, "we made out." I heard the Winchester brothers chuckle at Kevin's shyness.
     "Is she your girl?" Dean asked.
     "Not yet." I felt my heart leap. He was going to ask me to be his girl. I had kind of expected him to, since Kevin didn't seem the type to make out with a girl and just act like it never happened.
     "Treat her right, Kev," Sam told him. I could hear a ruffle of clothing as he took off his coat.
     "You might be a part of our family, but so is she. You hurt her, you pay," Dean warned.
     They thought of me as family? I could feel myself smile slightly. I tried to hold it back, since they still thought that I was asleep.
     "I would never hurt her. I lover her too much to do that," Kevin confessed. 

     When I heard the brothers leave a few minutes later, I pretended to wake up. Opening my eyes slowly, I saw Kevin watching me. I smiled softly, leaning up to kiss his cheek. Pulling back, I saw it was now a light shade of pink.
     "Sleep well?" he asked. I nodded, yawning.
     "Yep. What about you?"
     "I slept great. You were here, so I dreamt the whole time," he replied, smiling down at me. I could feel my cheeks and ears grow warm. He chuckled at my new complexion, pecking one of my pink cheeks. "I was wondering if you, uh," Kevin paused, "if you would be my girl?"
     "I can't imagine anything better."