third

mistaken

Jorge dropped himself on his bed. His body was lifeless, he was lost in his thoughts. Martina had so much disbelief in him, he didn't know what to do anymore.

His mother walked inside of his room, holding a tray with some food on top of it. She placed the tray next to Jorge on the bed and sat down on the other side next to him.

"Honey, what is up with you lately?" His mother asked him, her voice sounded full of worries.

"Nothing?" Jorge replied, more like a question, not even looking at his mom.

"Come on Jorge, just tell me." His mom tried, lifting her hand and taking hold of his.

"It's Martina, we broke up." He finally admitted, closing his eyes.

"What? But I thought you two were happy." Jorge's mom said, not believing the words that just left her son's mouth. Jorge layed on his side and stared at the picture of him and Martina on his nightstand.

"She thinks I cheated on her, but I swear I didn't." He immediately defended himself. His mother nodded and stroke his hand with hers.

"And what are you going to do now? You can't be like this forever." His mom told him carefully.

"I'm going to forget her." He concluded and threw the picture of him and Martina on the ground. His mom pressed her lips onto each other and walked out of the room.

-

Only tears left Martina's body while she was laying on top of Cande's bed. Next to her were Cande and Lodo, trying to calm her shaking body.

"Why is this so hard?" She cried out, gripping tight onto Lodo's body.

"I don't know hun, but you'll get over him." Cande tried assuring her. "We really need to go to school now, come on." Cande and Lodo lifted the tiny human from the bed and put her down on the ground.

They walked outside as Martina sauntered suit behind them. Lodo opened her car and the three girls got in. They arrived at school and got out.

Walking inside the school, they saw Jorge standing there with his friends. "Hey cheater." Martina said, a smirk plastered on her face.

Jorge's friends laughed, just like Lodo and Cande. Jorge wanted to fight back, but he couldn't think of any good comeback.

He just chuckled and ignored Martina, turning back around and starting to talk with Ruggero.

Martina took hold of Cande and Lodo's hand and walked towards their first classroom. She sat herself down in a chair and stared at the teacher waltzing inside.

They had English. The one subject where Jorge and Martina were doing a project together.

Jorge sat down next to Martina, not necessarily because he wanted to.

The project was a play, they had to write a short script and then had to perform it in front of the class.

"I want everyone to work further on the project that you guys have started. I need it to be finished by the end of the following lesson!" The teacher voiced striclty as they all nodded. Everyone immediately started discussing with each other, only Jorge and Martina kept quiet.

"So, I guess we should.. continue with the play?" Jorge hesitantly said, Martina nodding and grabbing the paper from her bag.

They started working and writing for the script, only few words left their mouths sometimes.

The lesson finished and both Jorge and Martina left the classroom as quick as they could, avoiding each other. "Worst lesson ever." Martina grumbled when Cande came walking out of the classroom as well.

"You'll get past this, come on." Cande said with mercy in her voice. Together they walked in the way off the next classroom where their lesson started.

"Why does this have to happen to me Cande? Why can't I just forget him?" Martina whined as they sat down in their seats.

"You've been with him for more than a year, it's logical. But you should keep cool, you know that's the only way to forget him." Martina nodded at the wise words that left Cande's mouth.

Meanwhile the teacher had walked inside the classroom and started the lesson. Martina stared blindly at the teacher, pretending she was listening.

The only words that really crossed her mind were; jorge, keep cool

And that's what she did, she kept cool. But Jorge did as well, neither of them actually feeling cool inside.

"Miss Stoessel are you listening?" The teacher asked her which snapped Martina out of her thoughts.

"She never does that." Jorge casually said, hearable for the entire class.

Martina felt how her face turned bright red. "I-I am." She stuttered and tried to hide herself in her dark blue sweater.

The teacher turned with a confused look to Jorge and then back at Martina again.

Jorge felt bad, he didn't like to see her like this. But he had to, it was his only option to forget her.

-

Martina walked inside her house and saw her father sitting on the couch. "Hey honey, how are you?" He asked her. He licked his finger and turned the page of his newspaper.

"Fine." Her answer was short and weak but before her dad could reply, she already shot up the stairs. She sat down on her bed and took her phone from her pocket.

A notification from a message from Cande popped up in her screen. She opened the message with her finger.

candita; hey chicita, how are you?

tinita; fine.

candita; come on hun, in a few weeks time i'm sure you'll be over him.

tinita; you think?

candita; yes i'm sure honey, now go and get some rest

tinita; thank you

As she typed the last word she threw her phone next to her on the bed. She pushed herself up from the bed and walked over to her closet.

She tried to reach the top shelf, but she was too small. Just when she almost had the cloth she looked for, a box fell down from it.

She took the box from the ground and held it in her tiny hands, walking over to her bed.

She opened it and abruptly teared up when she saw what was inside. It was full of pictures of her and Jorge. She used to put every picture in it in the first few months they were dating.

She dropped the box on her bed, making the top picture fly up slightly. It was the picture of when they were together on the beach. She was laying on top of him while he was holding her firmly in her arms.

Martina felt her entire body getting weak as she dropped herself on her bed. The only thing she wanted right now was Jorge. She took her phone from her bed again and quickly typed in her password.

Jorge, only then in numbers.

She opened her messages and immediately scrolled to the j. She opened the chat and stared at it for a while. Her mind stopped working as she started typing.

are your parents home?

With her index finger she pressed on the send button.

u guys are so active with commenting, thank you so much. You guys really made me smile, I love you all. i hope you liked the chap!
manon