nineteenth

mistaken

The plane landed in Seville as Martina was ordered to get out. She obeyed and walked onto the huge airport of Seville, not a clue where to go.

She just wished she was back on high school ever everything was simple. Where she was with Jorge. Where she wasn't pregnant or anything. 

She walked out of the airport and was greeted by the beautiful atmosphere of Seville. The Spanish language was heard through her ears again. 

Martina started walking, she didn't know what to do. After some hours of walking, she arrived at a beach nearby Seville. It was already evening, and not many people were there anymore. The amazing smell of the sea filled her nose. Just then Martina's phone rang as she reached for it in her pocket.

Emily is calling

Martina closed her eyes before holding the phone loosely and throwing it right in the water. This was it. Her new life, for now and forever.

Tears jumped from her eyes while she runned away from the beautiful blue sea. 

She was messed up.

-

"Where is mommy?" The small Olivia asked Emily who was worriedly trying to call Martina.

Voicemail.

It was the next day, evening already. Martina hadn't appeared yet and she couldn't reach her over the phone.

She was worried but she didn't want Olivia to worry. "I'll take you home, mommy will probably be waiting there" Emily said while she fake smiled and took the small Olivia in her arms.

Olivia just smiled brightly, believing what the blonde haired woman just said.

Emily took her own daughter by the hand and walked out of the house. She put the two girls in the back and sat down in the front herself.

Emily was really worried, Martina would never forget her own child.

She came by Martina's house and got out the car with the two girls by her side. The house looked awfully dark and quiet.

Still Emily walked to the door and rang the bell. She waited some time but no reaction came from inside the house. Not even one sound.

Emily felt herself get more and more worried. She rang again and knocked on the door a few times.

Still no response.

"Where's mommy?" Olivia asked while she pulled the sleeves of Emily's pants. Emily looked down to Olivia.

"She is still really busy, do you maybe want to stay another night with us?" Emily asked with her sweetest, fake smile stuck on her face.

"But I miss mommy" Olivia said while she looked down in sadness. Emily felt how her heart sunk in her chest.

"I know, but just one more night" She tried again as Oliviva finally agreed and turned to Hannah who was still smiling happily.

Emily took both children by her hands and walked back to the car. They say inside and drove back home.

"You two go play upstairs" Emily said while she kissed Hannah's cheek and stroke Olivia's hairs.

They both smiled brightly, looked at each other and runned happily upstairs.

Emily sat down on the couch, her hair in her hands. She took her phone out and dialed Martina's number another time.

Voicemail again.

Emily felt herself getting more worried and worried. She quickly dialed Mariana's number who took up the phone after a while.

"Hey Emily! What's up? How is Martina?" She started excited but her voice cracked down when she thought about Martina.

"We have a problem" Emily said, her voice filled with panic.

"What is wrong?" Mariana asked back, worried.

"Martina is gone. She would pick up Olivia today but she still hasn't come. I tried calling her thousand times but she isn't picking up" The words got through in Mariana's mind as she realized her daughter was missing.

"She would never forget Olivia! And she isn't home either, I don't know what to do" Emily hopelessly exclaimed while she felt like crying.

Her best friend was missing.

"No, no, no, no this can't be happening" Mariana said through the phone while tears left her eyes.

"We need to stay calm, maybe she just forgot about the time and is just busy with something" Mariana tried but she didn't even convince herself.

"No, she would never forget Olivia. It's her daughter" Emily finished her sentence before bursting out in crying.

Mariana pressed her lips on each other, tears left her eyes. "Do I need to come?" She asked, her voice was filled with sadness.

"No, that's no use. I don't know where she is, we need to find her. She can still be alive" Emily convincingly said, wiping the tears from her eyes.

She stood up from the couch, not even knowing why.

"I will inform the police, and everyone else here. You try and do everything you can there" Mariana told Emily, feeling really confident and positive suddenly.

"I will, bye" Emily said back and hung up the phone.

Then Mariana realised she had to tell everyone. She had to tell her own daughter was missing.

Her own daughter.

She walked towards the living room where Alejandro and Francisco were sitting.

"I have something to tell you" She said with a depressed tone. The tears pricked in her eyes again.

"What's wrong honey?" Alejandro asked and signed for her to sit down next to them.

She sat down while she looked down at her hands, not knowing what to say.

"Tell us mom" Francisco said, moving closer to his parents.

"Martina is missing" She said and closed her eyes after. Both Francisco and Alejandro had the shock of their lives.

Alejandro held Mariana tight while he looked empty in front of him.

Francisco was frozen, in a trance. This couldn't be happening.

"There is someone I really need to tell this to" Mariana then said and again wiped her tears away.

"Who?" Francisco asked as Mariana left Alejandro's arms.

"Jorge" She told them. They both nodded and let her go upstairs again to call Jorge.

"This is insane dad, my own sister is gone" Francisco said and held his father tight.

"Mariana? Why are you calling me?" Jorge said, a piece of confusion filled his voice.

"There is something important I need to tell you" She said carefully.

Jorge hummed in response. "Hhm?"

"Martina is missing"

< okay im being my weird ass self and suddenly had an idea for another book. i know i haven't finished this one and drowning in tears, but i promise i will. here is the description of my new idea lmao:

the two hate each other. jorge and martina I'm talking about. if they could, they would kill each other, no kidding. they're in the same class but both always hating on each other. but it appears to be that martina has the darkest secrets...

tell me what you think! >
< manon >