particular taste

After the morning Chris had found Seb and Bri cuddling, things hadn't been the same. The two boys would take their food and immediately go to their rooms, leaving Bri eating alone at the table. 

Movie nights weren't even an option anymore. The two hardly talked to Bri, let alone to each other. Bri didn't really notice at first, but when Chris and Sebastian wouldn't even ride to work together, she was confused. 

She didn't know if they were mad at her, mad at each other, or if things were just overwhelming at work.

Bri hated eating her dinner alone in the kitchen. She went as far as eating quickly and leaving the dishes in the sink to see if one of them would stay out of their rooms for more than five minutes. It didn't happen.

The same thing happened at breakfast this morning. Sebastian had already left the house for the day and had muttered to Bri that he would grab a protein shake on the way. Bri had already made avocado toast the way Seb liked it and he didn't even get the chance to see it, or her expression drop. 

It was around ten when Bri got an email. She sulked in her room for a few minutes and nearly screamed when her eyes scanned over the subject line. She was so excited and nearly fell out of bed because a record company had actually contacted her back. 

Bri had sent her resume, some demos, and even an original song to them a month before she moved to Atlanta. She'd done this with five other companies but only one replied with a serious offer. All the others wanted her to pursue an unpaid internship and do coffee runs.

"Chris, have you left yet?!" She called out, sitting criss-crossed on her bed.

"No, sweetheart. I don't have to be there until lunch." He said, walking to her room and perching himself against the door frame. "What do you need? I was about to make a Starbucks run."

"Guess what?" Bri smiled up at him and squealed. "I got a job interview!"

Chris' eyes widened and he ran over to hug her, tackling her down onto the bed. "My baby Bri is all grown up. Oh my god. I remember when you where only learning how to play the guitar. What are you gonna wear? What did they say? What company is it-"

"I'm not that much younger than you, asshole." Bri rolled out from under him, pushing him lightly so she could show him the email. "Can you help me pick out an outfit really quick? Then we can go celebrate over coffee?"

"Of course." Chris leaned against her headboard and tugged her laptop towards him.

While Bri was pulling out various sets of clothing, Chris decided to read the email just in case it seemed fishy. 

From: Capitol Records, Atlanta Base

To: Bri Dawson

Hello Ms. Dawson,

Sorry we are getting back to you at such a late time, but we have sent out your demos and sample song to various different artists. We think you would be a great fit in this company, seeing as your skills and talents are very advanced for your age. 

If you would like, and if your schedule permits, we would like to for you to come down to our office for an interview. If all goes well (which we have high hopes for) we can immediately move into song mixing and more collaborative projects. 

Here at Capitol, we have a long range of artists to work with, but we have heard back from the following that would like to work with you and potentially hire you for future song writing sessions. They are the following: Halsey, Jon Bellion, Tori Kelly, and Troye Sivan. Please write back so we can schedule the interview sometime on July 23rd.