12

3 days have gone by and Tony still hasn't found out where Peter is. He's barely slept and only ate when someone came to give him food. He's been working non stop in the lab to find a way to find Peter.

Every time he thought he was getting somewhere, it just led to a dead end.

Then, "Sir, Ned Leeds is at the front door. He states he is Peter's best friend. Should I let him in?"

"Yes Friday let him in the lobby," Tony said wondering what he was doing there. He made his way to the lobby as quickly as possible to meet Ned.

"No wayyyyy," was the first thing Tony heard when he stepped out the elevator. "This is so cool, you're so cool wooowww."

"Peter's friend, right?" Tony asked, masking his stress.

"Uhhh yeah yeah. Guy in the chair, that's me," Ned said, looking like he's seen Jesus.

"Guy in the?- ok never mind, why are you here?" Tony questioned.

"To see Peter, I wanted to make sure he's ok. He hasn't really talked to me since his aunt. Just told me he was staying here," Ned said, getting worried for his friend.

Tony didn't reply right away. He didn't know what to say. 'Sorry Ned your best friend got kidnapped and is probably going through hell right now and I have no idea where to find him?' That would be horrible to hear.

"Sorry Ned I-" Tony started to turn the kid away, but he was interrupted.

"Wait was it you who answered his phone when I called him yesterday?" He suddenly remembered the odd phone call.

"No..." Tony said realizing that Peter's phone must be on, which is extremely helpful. "Ned I'm going to tell you a story, don't freak out."

Tony told Ned what happened to Peter while taking him to the lab. Ned obviously didn't process the 'don't freak out' part because he freaked out at basically every word Tony said.

Then they entered the lab and Ned's mouth dropped wide, "this. Is. So. COOL!"

"Ok sit down and don't even think about touching anything," Tony said pointing to a chair.

Ned sat down and asked, "did you try tracking his phone?"

"Did you try tracking his phone?" Tony mocked with a dumb expression, "of course I tried tracking his phone."

Ned just shrugged and Tony began thinking out loud. "But if he's still able to get calls then the location signal is probably the thing that's getting blocked. Hey," Tony slapped a piece of junk metal out of Ned's hand, "call Peter and keep whoever answers on the phone for as long as possible. I can get around the blocked signal as long as your phones are connected."

Tony hooked Ned's phone up to a computer and began typing away. "Call him," Tony said while handing Ned the phone.

Ned found his number and clicked on it. Then the ringing began

——————————————————————————————————————————

Peter was awake, staring blankly at the dark ceiling, when someone interrupted his thoughts. The door swung open and he heard his ringtone.

"Two minutes Parker," said the man, answering the phone. He set it on speaker and laid it next to Peter's head on the hard, cold metal table.

"Peter?" Peter smiled from hearing Ned's voice on the other side.

"Hey," Peter whispered. After all his screaming from the horrible stuff happening to him, his voice gave out.

"You ok? You don't sound to good," Ned asked, concerned. The man watching Peter gave him a death stare and Peter knew what he was to say.