The OFFICIAL Michael Jackson Fanfiction Awards 2018

Welcome to the Official Michael Jackson Fanfiction Awards! We pride ourselves in being the ONLY competition to determine winners based on writing quality, rather than popularity.

(There are other competitions. However, please know that this is the official. This is the most prestigious, the most participated in, and the most difficult to win).

ALL NOMINATIONS ARE TO BE MADE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER-- NOT THIS ONE! NOMINATIONS MADE IN THIS CHAPTER WILL BE INVALID!

Please read this chapter completely, so that you know how to properly nominate books! Invalid nominations will not be counted!

READ THIS CHAPTER BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE!

READ THE FOLLOWING SECTION VERY CAREFULLY:

TO NOMINATE:

(Note: It should be a little easier this year, as Web users can now make inline comments.)

To nominate a book, scroll down to the correct category, and press and hold on it until it becomes highlighted (if you're on a computer, simply click on the message bubble icon beside the category).

Next, comment the name of the book you wish to nominate, and TAG THE AUTHOR. This means their username should be illuminated in blue, so that I can click on the link and automatically get to their profiles.

Simply make an inline comment, containing the name of the book and linking the author's profile.

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT ON THE RIGHT CATEGORY.

Nominations will begin on Sunday, July 1st at 12:00 AM Central Time, and will close Tuesday, July 10th. Nominations may be made at any time during that period.

BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, TELL YOUR FRIENDS (MESSAGE THEM, POST ON YOUR MESSAGE BOARD, OR TAG THEM HERE) AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE AWARE OF THE COMPETITION AND HOW TO NOMINATE!

WRITERS: SHOUT YOURSELVES OUT TO YOUR READERS! WRITE MESSAGES AND UPDATES TO YOUR FOLLOWERS! THE MORE PARTICIPATION THE BETTER! FEEL FREE TO POST LINKS TO THIS BOOK, AND ADD IT TO YOUR READING LIST! INVOLVE AS MUCH OF THE FANDOM AS POSSIBLE!

To get a better understanding of the MJFA process, please read the official rules below:

• Nominations are made in the next chapter (to be posted July 1st).

• Invalid nominations (nominations completed incorrectly or after the end-date) will not be counted or considered, and will most likely be deleted.

• Self-nomination is allowed, and is neither discouraged nor encouraged.

• You may not bad-mouth other authors to your readers. Asking your readers to abstain from nominating others is strictly forbidden.

•You can only nominate a specific book once per category (if it fits), but you may nominate more than one book.

• Any MJ book is eligible, it does not have to be complete. (There is a 10 chapter minimum this year.)

The top TWO (2) books from each category (the two most nominated books) will qualify as finalists. Those finalists will be announced. The books will then be read/analyzed, and a winner for each category will be determined.

• If nominating a book that belongs to a series, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH BOOK YOU MEAN. Otherwise, the nomination will be invalid.

NOMINATE AS MANY BOOKS AS YOU CAN. THE MORE NOMINATIONS, THE BETTER.

--

FINALISTS WILL RECEIVE:

If you qualify as a finalist, your book will be placed on a special reading list for all to see. Finalists will not be receiving stickers.

WINNERS WILL RECEIVE:

A special sticker for the cover of your book, a shout out, and an in-depth analysis of your story and why it won (if you so choose— available upon request). Your book will be placed on a winner's reading list, separate from that of the finalists.

--

ADDITIONS:

1. Most Influential Moonwalker will be a category again this year! This award is meant to give recognition to those who make this fandom a great one.

2. There will be a category or two for non-MJ books. It will be minimal, as MJ is the center of the competition.

3. The categories vary from year to year, in order to increase the competition. Don't be concerned if you see a category or two that you don't recognize, or if you notice one disappear!

We are in need of someone to design this year's sticker. If you are interested, please DM this account or leave a comment.

Make sure to follow this account to stay up to date!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS YEAR! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE COMMENT HERE OR CONTACT ME VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE.

--MJFAs