7

My hands were trembling as I dialed his number on my phone. Sure I've thought about calling him before, sure I've stared at his number for several minutes but I never actually had the guts to actually do it. My eyes were blocked by tears as I looked through my phone screen but I could still see the name Jay written on it, I forced a smile remembering the day that I saved that name.

My body froze when he eventually answered, "Hello?".

His voice was deep as I expected but then again his voice was...dang, I can't describe it. "Jay."

I said his name and instantly regretted it, I forgot how cracked my voice was from crying, I must sound so unattractive right now.

"Kayla?"

My mind went to video calls, I wanted to see if his hot voice went along with his face. I wanted to clear my throat but that'd be too embarrassing and that's the last thing I want Jay would hear me do. "Yes, this is Kayla."
I said.

"Well this is Jay."

I smiled and played with my fingers not knowing what to say next. "Do you want to talk about what happened Kayla?"He asked.

The way he says my name like dang! I shook my head, I didn't want to talk about it anymore, hearing his voice was enough to cheer me up.

"Kayla are you there?"

Crap, stupid me forgot that he couldn't see me shaking my head. "Yes, I'm here."

Why is my voice so fucking terrible?

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it."

I didn't know how to respond to that, so I just nodded.

And yes, I know that he can't see me.

"Good job standing up for yourself Kayla but next time something like this happens tell the guy that Jay said not to mess with you, especially if it's Luke."

"They know you?"

"Trust me Kayla those assholes in your school don't just know me, they fear me."

"Who are you?"

"You don't want to know."

With that, he ended the call.