Present 4

A/N: My goodness, am I a terrible author? It's been about a month since the last chapter came out. I missed Amanda and Leo's birthday, unfortunately. If you've read the series by Wendy Mass, you'd know that June 5th was their 18th birthday. So, happy birthday to the two of them. 

I know, I'm such a nerd, saying things to book characters, but I'm weird like that. I'll hopefully post something for Tara's birthday(July 13th). She'll be 18 too! It's cool because her birthday is on Friday the 13th(read her book, 13 Gifts, because she turns 13 on Friday the 13th). I also want to thank you for 100 reads. It probably doesn't seem like much, but that's a lot for me. I started posting this to share with friends also interested in the series. I never once thought that anybody would find my story, yet alone a hundred. Hopefully, since I finished the school year now, I'll be able to post more here and maybe start another story(LOL but go read the continuation of a story I have if you're enjoying this one). Thanks for reading. This portion is a little short but trust me, there are longer segments to come. All characters are Wendy Mass's!

Amanda's POV

Gazing up at the sign we just painted, I can't help but realize how lucky I am to have friends that care about me, and a boyfriend that's more than willing to do all of this for me. They don't just act like this on my birthday, but they act like this everyday. I never want to take them for granted.

As we run back to the ramada, David eases over to me and says," I hope you like the rest of the presents. I want you to know that Leo truly wants you to have the best birthday you can."

   I nod and he drifts away. We all catch up to Leo, as he's already made it to the ramada. He walks up to the present pile and the rest of us sit down. I swear he winks at David as he pulls a small baby blue box out from the pile.

   Leo saunters toward me and sits down beside me as he hands me the package. My friends huddle around us as I open the package and pull out a necklace with a treble clef hanging from chain, and a bracelet with the same symbol to match.

  David walks up to the platform, and says," I helped Leo pick that one out, and to go along with the gift, I'm going to sing to the trees. I don't know why you guys think it helps the trees, but I'll do anything for a friend."

   Tara seems to happily sigh as he starts to sing. Beautiful music begins to emanate from the ramada and we all settle in as David continues. Leo places his arm around my shoulder and I nuzzle into the crook of his neck. In his ear, I whisper," You didn't need to do all this. I thank you for every single thing you've done." He whispers back," Oh, it's nothing. We're not even halfway yet."

   Everyone seems to enjoy the sounds as the time gradually passes. Pretty soon, David finishes singing and we give him a standing ovation. I sneak a glace at Tara and she seems to have tears in her eyes.

He leaps off the platform and says to all of us," Let me go and get a drink of water. I'll be right back." He jogs off, and Tara stands up.

   "I'll be right back," she says and rushes to follow him. Leo winks at me, and I immediately know what's about to go down between the two of them. Grace and Conner give each other a meaningful glace as well. Ah, young love.