Chapter 2

"This-this is what is wrong with this school!" Ms. Caldwell huffed as she ran a hand through her gray hair, "We got delinquent children running around here just spewing artsy crap on school property. This is the reason why the school isn't funding the art department correctly."

Maesi rolled her eyes, trying her best to drown out the complaints of her art teacher. This had become a normal thing of Ms. Caldwell. She would come to class all smiles, her glasses sitting on the brim of her nose, and she would walk up to the front of the class with clasped hands. And then she would go in.

Fifteen minutes of Maesi's ninety-minute class would be full of Ms. Caldwell's complaints of MARZ's artwork.

In other words, Maesi's artwork. There was nothing the chocolate skinned girl would rather be doing than listening to her dear old art teacher go on about the non-existent trouble MARZ's artwork caused for the art department. Sure the art teachers were constantly hassled about the identity of MARZ but their funding was still the same.

"What I'd miss?" Maesi jumped at the soft whisper next to her ear. Her eyes drifted from her lazy drawing of Steven Universe to the blonde boy taking a seat next to her.

"Nothing," she whispered, "Just Ms. Caldwell going in about MARZ."

Massive took notice of the bright red hockey that was slowly forming on the fake blonde's neck.

That's why he's late.

The blonde huffed at the mention of her name, "I would rather not hear about that."

"Aw, is Austin upset he got his house tagged?"

"Yes!" Austin exclaimed quietly, "Do you know how pissed the Dean was? He basically interrogated Nick and I, and insisted we had something to do with it. Why do think I'm so late?"

"I figured you skipped...again," Maesi shrugged as she turned her attention back to her sketchbook, a small smirk coming to her face, "but that big ass hickey tells me otherwise."

"Dammit Caroline," Austin mumbled as his hand came up to the tender spot on his neck, "Anyways, don't think I didn't catch that shade before. Excuse me for caring about my damn teeth."
"

"Man, fuck your teeth," Maesi scoffed, "I had to be partnered with Pervy Jeffrey."

Austin and Maesi's eyes met before looking back to Jeffrey Miller aka Pervy Jeffrey. A nickname he has yet to shake since he was caught rubbing one out in the back of the ART 1000 freshmen year.

"Sorry," Austin stated curtly, " if it makes you feel better I got you a brownie."

Maesi smiled happily before snatching the Little Debbie brownie out of his hand.

Maesi and Austin's friendship began simply with them being seat buddies in ART 1001. After spending his first year doing most of his prerequisites, the faux blonde had finally realized what he wanted to do, draw. Now he didn't know what he wanted to do in terms of a substantial job when he graduates but he would take it a step at a time. Maesi was surprised by his sweetness and his art. When she first met him she figured he was some scene, skater boy who had chosen the class as an elective to get by. It wasn't until he cracked open his sketchbook that she learned the blonde was a badass when it came to pencils.
From then on, in whatever art class they were in they would forever be seat buddies. Which meant from time to time Maesi would receive free food.

"Eh, I guess I'm no longer mad at you," Maesi leaned back in her chair her folded legs pushed up against the edge of the seat, "Speaking of Caroline, how is she?"

Although Maesi had made sure to get approval from Caroline, she still wondered how it made the girl feel to see her face plastered onto her boyfriend's frat house, "how'd she feel about the mural?"