Chapter 3

Friday

"Who knew shopping for spray paint would be so damn difficult," Cyn grumbled, throwing the heavy bags of paint onto the couch, " Remind me to never go shopping with you two-"

Maesi and Abu followed closely behind Cyn, hands full of Hobby Lobby bags, and bypassed the confused Cyn to dump the stuff on the floor. It wasn't until Maesi went to grab her stuff from her room, and Abu moving to close the door, that registered the reason for Cyn's quietness.

Giggles could be heard from behind Kingsley's door. Almost on instinct, as the door knob jiggled, the three friends lined up next to each other with their best judge mental faces on.

"Oh shit," a wide-eyed Kingsley stopped shoving the hands of the tall light skinned, dread-headed boy off of her.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to understand what had happened behind that door. The messy coiled bun,the close proximity between the two, and the hickeys were enough evidence to show that Kingsley was not as sick as she said she was.

"I can explain!"

"Goddammit Kingsley!" Maesi huffed as both her and Cyn went digging into their pockets for a twenty dollar bill, " You had one job."

" Yeah, the one time we need you to not to be getting dicked down," Cyn pouted throwing her twenty at Abu before plopping on their couch.

Kingsley's mouth hung open at the disappointment her friends held at her sex life. Meanwhile, her guy friend, who was still behind her, was doing his best to hold in his laughter.

"I did not get dicked down! I can't believe-" Kingsley exclaimed in frustration, "What friends bet on someone's sex life?"

"Yours, obviously," the guy laughed earning a harsh slap to the left side of his chest, "Ouch! What are you getting mad at me for? I didn't make the bet."

"You're not helping either, Z," Kingsley scrunched up her nose in annoyance at the tall male.

"Aye, a nigga was just trying to ease the tension," He smiled widely as he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her back to his front, " besides it's bad to lie, K."

Kingsley gasped, a smile spreading across her face, as he placed a few small kisses along the already formed hickeys, "Traitor."

"Okay you guys are adorable as fuck and I think I'm about to throw up because of it," Abu announced as he made his way to the refrigerator.

"Yeah and as cute as you guys are. We kind of need Kingsley to finish our...project," Maesi smiled softly as she pushed passed the two to enter her room, "So if you don't mind escorting your boy toy out."

"He's not my boy toy," Kingsley rolled her eyes as she unwrapped the guy's hand from around her waists before leading him to the door.

"Those hickeys tell a different story," Maesi called back.

He chuckled before placing a light kiss on Kingsley's cheek, "Bye K."

" Bye Zion," Kingsley giggles as she closed the door behind him, a goofy smile coming over her face.

"Bye Ziiiioon," Her friends mocked from different areas of the apartment.

"I did not sound like that," she crossed her arms before taking a seat next to Cyn, " and you guys are so rude."

"Rude?" Abu scoffed taking a bit out of the apple he retrieved from the refrigerator, " You ditched your friends for some dick."

"Oh your one to talk," Kingsley grumbled, "if I'm not mistaken you left us to go to the dentist. Only you didn't go to the dentist you went to DeMarcus's house."