Can I Ask You Something?

“Hellloooo Maine!!!” I shouted into the microphone. The crowed screamed. I giggled and fanned myself dramatically. “Is it hot in here or is it just Vicki?” I asked the crowed. They screamed again I laughed. Vicki rolled her eyes.

“I like boys, Hannah!” She said chuckling.

“That’s not what you said last night.” I giggled. From there, we jumped into our first song, “Our Love Has a Body Count.”

Two hours and gallons of sweat later, we stepped off stage. Frank gave me a hug and Mikey sent him a glare. “Good luck, guys.” I said to them as they went on. I went back to the bus and sat on the grass outside. I lay on the soft grass and stared at the stars. I knew I’d have to pick one of the boys but I didn’t want to. They were both so perfect and funny and cute.

“Mind if I join you?” A voice said. I looked over and saw Brendon Urie looming over me. I nodded and he lay down next to me. He sighed.

“Pretty, isn’t it?” I asked referring to the stars. He looked at me and sighed again.

“How are you?” He asked changing the subject.

“Fine. The bands really-”

“I don’t wanna know about the band, Hannah. How are YOU?” He interrupted.

“Honestly? I have no idea.” I said closing my eyes. He held my hand. See, this is why Brendon is such an amazing friend. We act like we’re together but we have only friendly feelings for each other. He’s like my big brother and I’m his little sister.

“How’s Sarah?” I asked. He smiled a little at the mention of his fiancée. Then his face dropped.

“She’s acting weird lately….I think she might be cheating.” He said with sadness dripping off every word. My eyes shot open.

“Bren, come here.” I said opening my arms. He hugged me and started crying a little into my collar bone. I rubbed his back and hushed soothing words to him. I could hear My Chem playing “Give ‘Em Hell, Kid” (One of my favorite songs) I was honestly disgusted with Sarah right now. I don’t know why anyone would cheat on Brendon. He was sweet and funny and on the brink of perfection. After a while he pulled away and shook his head.

“I loved her, Han. I still do.” He sighed.

“I know, Bren. I know. But um, sweetie? They’re calling Panic!” I said cautiously. His eyes widened and he ran to the stadium. I layed back down and stared at the pretty stars. Someone came and layed down next to me. I groaned. Really? Another interruption? My bickering ended when I saw it was Mikey who was laying down next to me.

“You were guys were good out there.” I said after a minute of silence. Mikey smiled and said his thanks. We drifted into a comfortable silence and I closed my eyes.

“Can I ask you something?” He asked,

“Of course.” I said,

“Have you ever liked someone even though you just met them?” He asked. My heart skipped a beat and I could feel my face getting hot.

“Yes.” I whispered. “So, tell me about her.”

“Well, she’s awesome and nice and funny and sweet and….and she’s you.” He whispered the last part. I sat up and looked at him. His eyes widened.

“Oh, crap. Look I shouldn’t have-” He started. I cut him off by slamming my lips onto his. I pulled away once I noticed what I was doing. I looked at him, he looked at me. A thousand silent messages were passed in one single glance.

“I’m sorry, Mikes. I like you…I really do. But-” I started

“But you liked Frank, too.” He said finishing my sentence. I nodded and gave him a sympathetic smile.  If only Mikey knew how much I wanted to kiss him again.