Chapter- 9

Sam's POV:

I dropped off Devon at her house and went to mine. I stopped at my door, hopped out of the car, tossed my keys to the servant, and went inside. I was stepping upstairs when I heard.

"Where are your manners, Sam? No greetings?." I heard and ran towards the voice and hugged my mom.

"Oh, Mom, finally you came. I missed you," I said, pouting. She chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"Sorry, darling. Business meeting, you know. And your dad's is here too." she said. I pulled away and started looking around.

"Where? Dad?.... Dad....?" I called out for him.

"Where he can be. He is making my favourite dish in the kitchen," she said proudly. My dad was so whipped. He could do anything for my mom. I ran into the kitchen.

"Dad....." I jumped on his back. He laughed. I wrapped my legs around him.

"Oh, my baby finally came," he said excitedly. I nodded. He put me down and hugged me. " You still behave like a monkey, hun.?." he said, chuckling.

"what are you doing here? Come on. Let's go out for dinner tonight." I gave him puppy dog eyes.

"As you can see. I am doing what your mother told me. Her favourite mac n cheese." he said, looking at the stove and then at me. " We can't go today. But we are throwing a party at home this Friday; invite your friends as well," he said. My sadness turned into happiness. I kissed his cheek. My mom came into the kitchen too.

"Yeah, I will. And I am going to my room now. You guys enjoy." I said, winking at my mom. They both giggled. And I went to my room. Should I invite my hot stuff too? No way, Sam. It's a family party.

*******

I walked into my first period with Devon. Today, I was on time. I wanted to see my hot stuff's face after hearing the assignment grades. "Why are you looking so happy?" Devon asked. I just shrugged, and we sat at our desks in the last row. Then the bell rang, and the teacher stood up. I saw my hot stuff running inside on time. She was looking as hot as always. I licked my lips and was interrupted by Mrs Old fart.

"Students, sit down, you all. I have marked your assignment, and I have the result," she said. The class became pin-drop silent.

I heard her calling names and telling them their grades loudly. I put my head down. Not interested in everyone. Then I heard my name.

"Ms Peterson." I stood up. Saw some eyes on me. Leyah's too. She was smirking. Oh, girl, if only you knew. " I am shocked by my words. But I am impressed." the teacher said. Everyone was shocked, including my hot stuff. Now it's my turn to smirk. "Your topic was better than others." She added and nodded, and sat down. "A+." oh fuck.

"Thank you", hot stuff. I said to the teacher. And sat down. She called others.

"Ms Mendos," she called my hot stuff. "I told you all that this assignment is important, but I think some students did not take it seriously," she said, shaking her head. I could see Leyah's side face, which was shocked. I chuckled.

"What do you mean by that, Mrs Grayson?" she asked in a confused tone.

"Ms Leyah. Your topic was worst," she said. " What makes you think to pick a Bird as a topic? What are you 10," she added. Leyah was about to say, but the teacher cut her off. " No. You have no right to speak. I never expected this from a bright student like you." she growled.

"B-but I-I didn't pick that topic," she said, shouting, but her voice was cracked. Is she...crying? Ugh, I wouldn't say I liked tears. Especially hers. Please don't ask me why; I also didn't know.

"Don't lie, ms. Leyah. You should have picked a topic like Ms Peterson and Mr Parker. Like rain or blood cells."

the teacher said in a low voice to comfort her. That caught her attention. She looked over her shoulder, glaring at me. I winked.

"Blood cells was MY topic, ma'am." she spat. Sam, it's time to cover up. I stood up as well.

" Leyah, you should have worked harder than blaming or lying," I shouted at her. Her eyes widened now. " Ma'am, she is just jealous," I said innocently.

"You bitch....I will kill you," she shouted.

"Fuck you." I showed her the middle finger. The whole class laughed.

"Shut up, you both. And go to the principal office NOW." The teacher spoke. I rolled my eyes.

"But, ma'am, please hear me out." Leyah started crying.

"Get out. You both." I started packing my bag and started walking out. She glared at me, and anger made her eyes red. Sam, she will kill you.

She started walking fast towards the principal office. I ran and held her wrist. " Hey...hot stuff. Chill, it was just an assignment...." I felt her palm on my face. She slapped me so hard again. I greeted my teeth.

She was about to slap me again, but I grabbed her wrist and angrily pushed her. She fell on the floor. "aaahhh...." she cried in pain as her forehead hit the wooden bench.