7. Dinner

7. Dinner

    “Hey… so… my family wants you to come over for dinner.” I said, mumbling the last part.

    Alex smiled wide. “Really?”

    I weighed my head from side to side. “They… kinda went a bit…. Wild. When they found out.” I said. “And I can’t tell whether it’s a good or a bad thing.”

    “Why?”

    “Well…. Let’s just say that everything backfired on both Zachary and me.” I shrugged.

    He put a thinking face on, but I knew what his answer would be anyway.

    “No.”

    “No?” I ask with surprise. I was so sure he would say yes.

    “No.”

    “Why?”

    “Because.”

    “Alex, saying that isn’t counted as an answer.” I deadpan.

    He laughs. “I was just joking! Of course I’d love to eat dinner with your family!” He lifts me up, spinning me and putting me down again. “I can’t wait! This is one step closer to your family accepting me as your boyfriend!”

    I choke on air…. Which looked stupid. “Boyfriend?”

    “Uh… yeah… I mean- if you are alright with having me as your boyfriend and being my girlfriend….” He scratched behind his neck.

    I blush.

    “Well…” I trailed off, turning away from him. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

    “I mean it’s okay if you don’t want it to be like that… but… I’ll be okay with what you choose. As long as that’s what you want, then that’s what I want too.” He said.

    Awww. I could just kiss him right now.

    But before I could, the school bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

    I walk out of the classroom to be met with Alex who was waiting outside for me. Huh. I guess they were dismissed early.

    “Hi.” He wrapped his arms around my waist, and snuggled his face into the crook of my neck.

    I felt the heat creep up to my cheeks. I never knew it would be so comfortable in this kind of position. I wrap my arms around his neck as he breathes in and out steadily.

    “What’s wrong? Did something happen?” I ask him as I play with his hair.

    “Nah. It’s nothing.” He said, leaving a soft kiss on my neck. “Gym is just… tiring. If the past six classes were enough to drain half of my energy, gym was the final move to drain the rest of my energy.”

    “You’re talking video game logic again.” I chuckle.

    “But you understand what I’m saying, right? You’re like my healer that resurrects me if I become a corpse. And you heal me when some of my energy is drained. You’re like a walking charger for me.” He mumbles.

    “Gee, how romantic.” I said, dragging out ‘romantic’. But I smiled nonetheless.

    “Give me a few minutes to gain energy back. I’ll be able to walk to your house with you guys for dinner.” He said. “I texted my mom already about eating dinner at your place. Since it’s Friday, she’s allowing it.”

    “Okay…” I said.

    He lift up his head and pressed his lips against my forehead. He did the same with my cheeks and my nose. I giggled. He pecked me on me lips. “What a lucky guy I am to get a gorgeous woman like you.” He mumbled against my lips.

    “Stop it.” I smiled against his lips as he kissed me more.

    “But why” He whined, but not stopping. He pulled me closer to him.

    “Because I’m here.” A new voice said.

    I immediately pushed Alex away while he whined about not gaining full energy yet. My face was red as I looked at my older brother.

    “Hiiiiii brother…” Damn. I’m in trouble.

    He ignored me. “Hello Alexander.”

    Alex nodded in acknowledgement. “Hello Zachary.”

    “Hello Solitaria!” I say, enthusiastically.

    They look at me weirdly.

    “What?” I asked.