Chapter 4

"Charlotte dear, these two gentlemen are here for you. Will you bring them a cup of tea each?" Aunty said with a smile that only I, in the room, could recognize as wicked. I hurried down the kitchen and served the tea, put them on a tray and picked some biscuits from the kitchen cabinet. As I was approaching,  I heard aunty praising me.  I was not shocked at how good she was in acting.
"I swear my little girl wouldn't give you a hard time gentlemen. She really loves school and I can assure you that she has the discipline you need.  I have ensured that myself........ "

My heart skipped a beat.HEY WORLD I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO SCHOOL....yeah you heard me SCHOOL!!! I almost tripped because of excitment. This was the best news ever since my mom died.
" Hello Charlotte. My name is Sir Albert Brown and this is my body guard Shredder" said the thin man.
Wait Shredder?... just like the super villain in my favourite cartoon The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Come to think of it, they actually look alike, with the shredder mask on him, it would be literally the same person. I wondered why he was called that. Maybe he shredded people or what...
Oh man!!! Could this get more interesting.

"......and we should be leaving this afternoon. Go and pack your things now " said Sir Brown who took another sip of tea.

Oh no! I missed what he said just because I was fantasising about a cartoon. I'm so stupid. No I'm not.. It's my favourite and I'm allowed to fantasize any time and anywhere. I also knew how to act considering that I had an Angelina Jolie in the house. I acted as if I understood every word he had said yet I only heard the packing part. I face palmed myself as I headed to my room to pack. I am soo going to a boarding school...great. That was comforting because I didn't have to see aunty or Jane or Alex.

As I packed Bruce came in and wagged his tail happily. He was happy for me too.  No, I missed the point, he wanted to play because he had his catch-disk in his mouth.
"Not now Brucey, listen I am going to school today.  I wish I could carry you along but the witch will kill me. I might be suspended from school for being indisciplined and the way witchy has praised me..... My little girl is disciplined bla bla bla....  She's such a psycho. Anyway Alex loves you and I am sure he will play with you when I'm gone."  I hugged him and said the same words... "Je reviens mon petite... T'inquiets pas. Je t'aime." ( I am coming back my little one.... Do not worry. I love you) I didn't believe I said that. I am going to miss this dog so much. I said goodbye and hurried down.

".....here is the deposit and the rest will be paid on Monday "

Why was aunty this happy. I had never seen her genuinely happy like this before. Is it because I am finally leaving?? Well I am happy too so I don't give a....
"OK that was too fast inner Charlotte. Slow down"
Freedom is finally here.... Or so I thought.

Bonjour friends, hope we're enjoying the story. Chapter 5 is on the way. Vote and comment. Thank y'all amigos 💖💖