4- I have something even better

"Chase! Are you ready?" I hear Mom call.

"Yeah," I reply, walking out of my room.

We have to go to Asher's house tonight for dinner and I'm dreading it.

"Aw, honey! You look good," Mom says, when I go downstairs.

"Thanks Mom, you look good too," I reply.

My mom always looks good. She has toffee colored skin, dark brown eyes, and wavy black hair. She's 45, but she looks like she's 28.

She's wearing a dark green cardigan  over her midi white dress. She paired her dress with brown knee high boots and her hair is straightened.

I left my natural curls and applied some mascara and lip gloss. I decided to wear black skinny jeans and an olive green off the shoulder top with a white bralette. I wore my usual ring on my right hand and ankle boots.

It's not that cold outside which is weird since it's smack in the middle of January.

Chandler's wearing a red button down and dark blue jeans. His dark brown hair is kinda spiked like usual.

"Daniel! What's taking so long, honey?" Mom calls, ruffling Chandler's hair.

Dad steps out of the bedroom while tucking his phone into the pocket of his pants.

"Well, I knew you guys would look good, so I obviously wanted to meet your standards," Dad says, kissing Mom.

"Ewww," Chandler and I say, scrunching our noses in disgust.

Mom and Dad laugh before telling us to go sit in the car.

About 20 minutes later, we arrive at the Bradley's house.

"Damn, you're friends with a kid who lives here?" Chandler asks as we get out of the car.

"Again, I'm not friends with him," I remind my brother. "Our friends are dating."

"Whatever, does he have any sisters?"

I smirk as we walk up to the front door. "Yeah, he has two."

"Damn, are they hot?"

"They're really cute."

"How old?" Chandler asks as Mom rings the doorbell.

"You'll see," I reply as Asher opens the door.

"Hi," Asher gives us a big smile. His eyes linger on me for a second but he looks away when I glare.

"Hi, you must be Asher," Dad says as Asher sticks out his hand.

"That would be me." Asher and Dad shake hands. "Come in." Asher gestures for us to come inside. My family enters and takes off our shoes when we see Asher wearing socks.

"Daniel!" Jennifer calls, walking towards us with Harper in her arms.

"Hi, Jennifer," Dad greets her. "This is Alisha, my wife. My son, Chandler, and Chase, who you've already met."

"Alisha! It's so good to finally meet you," Jennifer gives my mom a side hug.

"You too, Jennifer," Mom says giving her a smile.

"Please, call me, Jenny," Jennifer says.

"Where are the sisters?" Chandler whispers, tugging on my sleeve.

I turn to Asher. "Where are the twins?"

"Upstairs, in their room," Asher answers. "Why?"

"Chandler wants to meet them," I say with a smirk.