Part 1

My eyes widen in shock as I stare at the screen in front of me. I can hear a gasp escaping my mother's lips as we watch the bomb detonate inside the building in which the conference my brother and father were attending.

The building lights up as the screen shrinks away as if the cameraman was hiding away from the explosion.

T'Challa

Moments pass as we figure out what to do, silence fills the air as we figure out how to take in the details.

Time slowly ticks away as we wait for more news to appear. So far there are people who are walking out fine, some unharmed and other not faring so well.

Our eyes are glued to the screen as Shuri calls in all the elders so we can wait for the news.

My heart suddenly stops as the screen flashes a message,

"King T'Chaka is dead, Prince T'Challa no were to be seen."

Time stands still as I hear my mother cry out in pain at the sudden news

Time stands still as I hear my mother cry out in pain at the sudden news. My body is unable to move as a buzzing fills my ears.

My sister clings onto my mother as the screen moves towards to my father's unmoving body.

My eyes blaze as I wait for this to all be over and just be one of my nightmares. But I don't wake up.

My heart swells with pain, a cry bubbling in my throat wanting to be let out. But I have to be strong.

For my people, and my family.

"My Princess." A voice brings me to reality.

"Since the king is dead and the prince nowhere to be found, it is your duty to take the position of the acting Queen of Wakanda," the elder speaks.

My eyes widen in shock as I take in the information that was just given to me.

"What about my Queen Mother," I breathe out, "the throne is hers."

The elders share a look.

With a sigh one of them speaks up, "She is not fit to rule in her condition," I open my mouth to reject but another speaks up.

"My princess please, it is up to you to lead your people. Find the strength of the panther inside of you, and help your people cope with this tragedy."

I look at my mother and Shuri, they both are wrapped in each other's arms. My mother weeping while my sister keeping back the tears threating to escape from her eyes.

My mother makes eye contact with me and nods.

I look back to those who have gathered and my eyes harden, I nod my head

The man turns around, raises his staff, and shouts, "Let the ceremony commence!"

With that, he slams the staff onto the floor and turns to exit.

My handmaidens come to get me ready for the ceremony and I can't help but think, is this the right choice?