The Day I Became an ARMY

It was a freezing Friday morning  in North Carolina, where a music class was in progress at a charter school basement. A mixed class of 6th and 5th graders were gong wild, as it was one of their 'Fun Fridays'. But, for one particular 6th grader, nothing would ever be the same.

My Pov:

So, we were in Music class, and all of a sudden our teacher decided to introduce us to different cultures. So, first we (Or the ones who weren't running around crazy) watched a Korean singing competition. Then, the life-changing event happened. Mrs. Grossi started talking about a music video (school appropriate, of course) she had found interesting. She then played the first BTS song I have ever heard: 'Save me, save me, I need your love before I fall (fall)...' During the music video, two of my friends, one of whom I was yet to learn was an ARMY, were talking about... something BTS related, idk. Then, my ARMY friend started doing some weird hand movements, and said 'Rap Monster'. Now, I'm not gonna lie to you guys, and say I thought of the most perfect person there is. Actually, the image playing in my mind was something close to Cookie Monster 😂. I ended up pondering this for the rest of the school day.

Later, coming home from school, I snuck my phone into the bathroom. I then started doing research on this 'Rap Monster'. Of course I Googled it. What i found was nothing like I expected. What I found was a 24 year old man, who was the leader of Bangtan Sonyeondan. Then, I looked into BTS. Let's just say, when I got to V, it was then that I had met my true love, Kim Taehyung, Blank Tae, Tae Tae, Gucci Boi. After that point, I became OBSESSED. In one weekend, I could tell all the members apart by their eyes, their voices, and and could even sing 3/4 of Save Me. Yes, I was a fangirl. An African-American, antisocial, anime obsessed fangirl. And that, my friends, is how I became an ARMY.