Training

Chapter Two: Greetings

"Frostkit, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, even at the cost of your own life?" Sunstar asked.

Today was the day Tinypaw's friends got to train with him. He was so excited about having Whitekit and Frostkit train to become warriors.

Frostkit had only responded with a mew of happiness and a nod of her head.

"Then by word of our warrior ancestors, I name you Frostpaw!"

Tinypaw shouted as loud as he could,

"Frostpaw! Frostpaw!"

He looked across the clearing to see Tigerpaw doing the same thing.

Bluefur had kept telling Tinypaw it wad because of him that Tigerpaw had turned a little nicer. Tinypaw wanted to believe it, but he felt like Tigerpaw was always nice.

Tinypaw's thoughts were interrupted by Sunstar's call.

"Whitekit," he said. Tinypaw noticed Bluefur standing on her toes with her head and tail held up high. Bluefur rarely talked about her sister, but one time she told Tinypaw about what happend and why she would sleep in the nursery some times even though she was not a queen. Snowfur,  her sister, had died shortly after giving birth because Bluefur asked her on a walk. The saw some ShadowClan warriors and Snowfur chased after them. Except she stood on the Thunderpath for too long and got hit by a monster. Whitekit was her kit and Bluefur felt responsible for caring for him.

Sunstar spoke again, "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code even at the cost of your own life?"

Whitekit responded, obviously trying to sound like a warrior, but it was obvious he was scared and excited, "Yes, for as long as I live,"

Sunstar gave a quick purr of amusement and spoke again, "Then by the power of StarClan I name you Whitepaw!"

Again, Tinypaw mewed at the top of his lungs for Whitepaw, "Yay Whitepaw! Whitepaw!"

"Frostpaw, I wish to mentor you."

It was quite obvious Bluefur had grown close to Frostpaw because she ran her tail down her spine and spoke softly to her, "Because you deserve nothing less,"

Tinypaw felt warmed by Bluefur's kindness. Bluefur had a bit of a temper, but with kits she managed to calm that temper down.

"Whitepaw, I want you mentor to be, Patchpelt. Patchpelt is a well respected warrior in the clan and is extremely loyal, I expect him to pass on these attributes to you."

Bluefur nodded, clearly approving of Sunstar's decision for Whitepaw's mentor.

Sunstar only had one more apprentice to go, this was Brindlekit. Tinypaw never really talked to her, but she seemed nice.

"Brindlekit, do you promise to uphold the warrior code even at the cost of your own life?"

Brindlekit nodded her head.

"Then by the power of our warrior ancestors,  I name you Brindlepaw!"

The clan began to chant her name.

"I wish to give you, Stormtail as your mentor, he is a loyal cat and his an exceptional fighter, I expect him to pass these attributes on to you."

Tinypaw ran over to Bluefur to ask if they could go on a patrol sometime with Frostpaw and Whitepaw. He stopped when he saw her arguing with Thistleclaw, "At least now you won't be stealing my kit from me!" the large tom growled.

"I never stole him! Don't forget he is my kin too! You mouse-brained fox dung!"

Tinypaw was extremely taken back by Bluefur's words, he could not believe what he was hearing! I get that she hates him, but the words that she is using are really mean!