Haise

HAISE

Haise Sasaki was beyond frustrated and above all, scared. One of these nights his kakugan would flare up and then his perfect family would be over. Arima, despite his reliability, had been unable to find an opening for a rapist or murderer to be 'dealt with' by Haise and its effect was showing.

Last night was a close call, and Haise took the opportunity of going to the CCG to help Arima try to find an opening, but to no avail. There were no more stocks from Colchea that weren't laced from top to toe with RC suppressants, and he couldn't just go out and kill someone. (Arima would have his head.)

With another frustrated groan, he banged his head on the desk to get the lingering hunger out of his mind.

No opening for what? Another two days. And the shipment of drug-free meat arrived in two weeks from America. (They didn't have a ghoul issue.)

Haise's door opening brought him back to reality and he realised that he banged his head on the table quite loudly.

"Maman? Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, Saiko. (I'm not ok.)"

"I just heard a loud banging and-"

"Just me, these reports are driving me up the wall."

"Oh, alright then."

"...Shirazu told me you were sick yesterday."

"Still am. Speaking of which, you need to get out of here before you catch it too!" Haise forced a smile across his face as he shooed Saiko out of his room.

When the door shut, Haise allowed himself to sink to the ground, his hunger showing in the rings under his eyes and the faint black veins emerging from his left.

His kagune was also threatening to emerge and just tear the food in the next room into pieces--

Haise silenced those thoughts by smacking himself with a pillow repeatedly.

Almost on cue, his phone rang, and Haise would swear he had never answered a call so fast.

"Haise--"

"Arima, I can't do this anymore, I'm this close to just going out there and--"

"Haise! Calm down. I've found you an opening."

"R-really? That's... great! When? What time?"

"9pm."

"That's way too early though!"

"I'm sorry Haise, but it's the latest he's out."

"U-understood."

Haise's voice was shaky as he pressed the end call button. A quick glance to the clock showed it was 8:49 PM. If he ran he would get there in time, but these clothes were hard to get blood out of and were a stark white. Changing into darker ones would take two minutes but then he'd have to use his kagune to traverse the city and it was dangerous enough being a starving ghoul running through Tokyo, but a starving ghoul with his kagune out was worse.

At 8:52 PM, Haise cracked open his window and left in the darkest clothes he had in his wardrobe.

At 8:53 PM, Shirazu, Saiko, Urie and Mutsuki broke into his bedroom to find the window open and clothes strewn on the floor.

-

Urie was lounging on the couch when he noticed Saiko limply walking down the stairs, a troubled expression on her face.

"What's up with you? (Why do you look like shit?)"

Saiko sighed, and took a seat opposite him, collapsing into the pillows. Mutsuki looked up from his book inquisitively. It's not every day that Saiko comes down from her room, much less with such a forlorn expression.