Edmund Cheshire

A/N: Hey guys! Is anyone familiar with the anime Ghost Hunt? It's one of my favorites but it's not nearly popular enough for me to talk to people about it-_- Anyways, this chapter will have a little more story about Charles. Enjoy! Please feel free to comment!

______________________________________

I sat up in the guest room at Alois's mansion. Charles came in with tea.

"My lady, I brought you tea." he said.

"Thank you, Charles." I said. "I just remembered something else." He handed me a tea cup and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"What did you remember?" he asked.

"I remember the day I found my family. My father fought for me and my mother held me. It was a dream come true. But then a man stole me back and ran off with me." I replied. He nodded.

"If you keep remembering in the order that you are now, it won't be long before you remember everything." Charles said.

"Charles, what happened to you? I don't think you were always a demon. You have real emotions." I said. He clamped his hands together and looked down.

"You really wanna know?" he asked. "Fine. I'll tell you. The truth is, I wasn't always a demon. I was turned into a demon. I used to be a human, like you. I was Edmund Cheshire, an orphan. I lived as a thief. I would pick pockets and steal fruit from little fruit stands. My parents were murdered when I was five. They were murdered by the same man that held you captive in that cult. I vowed my revenge on him. I contacted a demon and... I was foolish... The demon asked me for a wish. I-I wished for her to make me a demon. She told me that there are great consequences involved when a human becomes a demon like this. I told her I was willing to accept that. She refused. She said it would not be because of her that something like this happened to me. I started crying. This happened when I was seven. I begged her to let me be a demon so I could take my revenge on the man who tore my family apart. She did something strange. She hugged me and told me that it would all be okay. It made me stop crying. She asked me if I wanted to sign a contract with her. I agreed and said that my wish was to take revenge on the man who killed my parents. I said I wanted to do it without help. She just had to keep me alive. If there ever was a time that I was going to die without fulfilling my wish, she was to turn me into a demon. I got- so close. I almost did it. I almost got my revenge. I had him by the throat! Then it was all taken away from me because I got distracted by a little girl huddled in the corner. She looked about four years old and she was terrified. Her little skirt was torn and her shirt was ripped almost all the way off. She was shivering and had bruises all over her. Blood trickled down her forehead and my resolve vanished. I ran to the girl and cradled her in my arms. She was so small. The man grabbed a knife and stabbed me in the back before Lucy could get to me. I held the little girl until I couldn't hold myself up anymore. My demon, Lucy, got to me and tried to heal me. She couldn't. I was going to die. She sat the little girl down in a corner, but the girl still watched. Lucy put her hands on my chest and put all her weight on me. My chest began to burn. I remember intense pain spreading through my body. Then everything went dark. When I woke up, that little girl was standing over me in fresh clothes. I remember jumping up and running to a mirror. I still looked like me, but my eyes were pink. They faded back to my ordinary green eyes, but my humanity was gone. I hadn't achieved my revenge. After that, I lived with that little girl for a while. When I was almost nine, however, the man came back and stole her from me. She was the only person I cared for other than my parents. Now she was gone too. I wanted revenge more than ever. But I was a demon. I couldn't take my revenge unless I made a contract with a human who wanted revenge on the same man." He finished. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"That's awful! I'm- I'm so sorry." I said. "Did you love that little girl?"

"Yes. More than the world. She was sweet and cheerful, despite everything we went through. She always had a smile on her face and she could always put one on mine." Charles(or should I say, Edmund.) replied.