Chapter 19

"Oji-san~"

Mikan called out fondly while entering the street food stall that rested about two blocks away from her dormitory.

"Well, if it isn't Mikan-chan!" The older man yelled over the stall cheerfully. "You here to check if the old man is still alive?"

The man looked about to be in his 50's and had a slightly short build with a beer belly that he liked to pat when he laughs.

Mikan frequented coming to this small shop because of his warm presence that reminded her of back home. She came across this food stall by chance one night when she was on a stroll and ever since then, she had been coming nonstop. It did not take her long to become fond of the stall owner and his food.

Mikan giggled at his greeting and took a seat on one of the few chairs that aligned the outer edge of the stall. As there were hardly any seats to begin with, she was left with no choice but to sit next to the other two customers that were there already.

"Oh you know me!" Mikan said bashfully and flipped her hair for show, "The always caring person that I am."

The older man snorted at the girl's sarcasm, "You care so much about me that you have to come here twice a week?"

"It's a given that I must visit my favourite person often." The brunette responded with a playful wink.

The older man laughed wholly, a large grin plastered over his face as he got busy behind the counter.

Mikan paid no mind to the two customers seated next to her. She patiently waited for them to be served first before taking her turn in ordering.

As she waited, she scanned the food sitting in their tray warmers across from her and debated on what to eat for dinner.

Mikan watched two large bowls of yakisoba being passed to the two customers, her mouth instantly watering at the smell and visual of it. She continued to look on when her eyes fell upon the two males who now started their consumption on the meal placed in front of them.

Where one was dressed in black- hoodie, sweatpants and all, the other was a stark contrast with golden blonde hair sticking out from underneath a white ball cap and white tee tucked loosely in faded jeans.

From where she was sitting, she could see that the one furthest to her with the ball cap had stunning visuals. He immediately reminded her of a foreign prince, the perfect ocean blue eyes and soft features that framed his charming and slender face.

The other man with him, however, was hard to tell as his hood covered his face, only letting out a tiny peek of his black hair even though he was sitting closest to her.

"Mikan-chan, what are you having tonight?"

Hearing her name being called, she turned her attention to the uncle handling the food and promptly made a decision.

"A large yakisoba and a large serving of gyoza please."

The older man got started with the order immediately, already used to her big appetite. Passing them over to the brunette once finished, she happily received the food and started on it without hesitation, catering to her wailing stomach instantly.

The two chatted without a care in the world, not bothered whatsoever that there were two customers within close hearing range.

Speaking of the two presence in the stall, they stole glances at the petite girl in amazement throughout their meal. They watched silently as she basically absorbed all her food and was left in awe at her ability to eat so much with her tiny frame.

The two men felt a considerable amount of admiration and respect for her feat as she moved on to polish off her last plate. They thought she was finished eating but wrong they were as they met with astonishment yet again for the brunette began ordering more.

Mikan gathered up her empty bowl and plate and passed them over to the uncle, who was quite pleased watching the girl enjoy her food so heartily.

Licking her lips in excitement, she ordered the dessert round, her eyes sparkling with eagerness.

"I'd like o- "

The brunette started on her next order but the stall owner beat her to it.

"One red bean taiyaki, one custard taiyaki and two nutella taiyaki. All coming right up!"

The uncle grinned, knowing very well of the brunette's dessert routine. Although her main dishes for dinner varied depending on the weather and her mood, her order for the dessert round never changed so he already memorized them perfectly.

Mikan gifted him a bright, pearly smile in return. "Oji-san! You know me too well."

As she observed the food being prepared across from her, the brunette contemplated on whether or not she should have the dessert packed for takeout. She really wanted to get back to the dorm so she could play with her online friends, and perhaps even go on a mission together with her online fiancé.

She threw the idea back and forth in her head and finally came up with a decision when she felt something slam into the left side of her body. This effectively sent the top half of her body falling onto the customer to her right.

Stunned at what just happened, Mikan did not realize her head was currently resting on a stranger's lap. She brought a hand up to her face and let out a light groan as she shook her head semi-vigorously to clear her mind.

"Hey, don't do that."

A voice sounded above her, deep and velvety.

Her mind lagged to process at what she just heard and as she slowly came to, she placed her forearms down onto the firm, yet soft, surface to push herself up.

Blinking hard, it finally dawned onto her what just happened by the time she was halfway up. Coming to an understanding of the high-key sexual position she was in just a second ago, she blushed an incredible shade of red out of her predicament.

And as the man's words belatedly registered into her head, she felt her inner self crumble into small pieces from embarrassment at what he implied.

Looking up hastily, Mikan attempted to apologize but was stunned in her place once again, this time from the intensity of the man's gaze on her when she caught his eye.