The Beach House

"And the trumpets they go bum bum be do ode do bum bum de doo de doo" my alarm clocked sang the song Trumpets.

I quickly the smacked the top to turn it off.

This is my last week of summer break. I'm waking up early because we're going on vacation to the Outer Banks today. We always spend the last three weeks of summer there.

I jumped out of bed. Normally I'm extremely tired but today I'm very excited. I run over to my best friend Alex sleeping on the floor.

"Alex!" I scream

"Ugh Rachel I told u to not wake me up until 10 minutes before we leave." Alex said

She really likes her sleep. She's coming on the trip with my family.

I blasted my radio so I could hear it in the shower in the bathroom connected to my room.

I shaved and put on some watermelon lemonade shower gel from bath and body works.

When I got out of the shower I put on my tropical print triangle bikini top and orange plain bikini bottoms. I put on some white jean shorts and a pink flowy tank top.

As soon as I got ready, I woke up Alex because we were leaving in 10 minutes and ran downstairs. I made a strawberry and banana smoothie for Alex and I and grabbed a granola bar.

I ran back upstairs and handed Alex her smoothie as she put on her makeup.

"Thanks." Alex said

"No problem" I replied as I started packing my travel bag.

It was just a draw sting bag that had the nike symbol on it. I put in my phone charger, my book "Looking for Alaska", a towel, sunscreen, and sun glasses. Also my wallet.

Holding my smoothie and granola bar, I put on my bag and ran out the door. Alex came right behind me.

"Turn off the light!" I yelled up the steps.

"Ugh!" Alex screams.

I sat in the backseat of the van with Alex. In. The middle was Austin, my brother and Hannah, his girlfriend, and the front was my mom and dad. My sister, Jordan, and her fiancé, Danny and my grandma, great grandma, and cousin, Lauren, went in there car.

It was a long car ride to our beach house because we had to drive all the way from Alabama.

We finally arrived and I jumped out of the car. Me, my cousin Lauren, and Alex got a room, Austin and Hannah got a room, Jordan and Danny got a room, my grandma and her mom who is my great grandma got a room, and my mom and dad got a room. Then there was a family room, living room, dining room, roof porch, porch, pool, and kitchen. Along with a bathroom for every room and two main bathrooms. Yes my family owns this house and yes it is right on the beach.

I ran up to my room which was on the third floor. I got to design it. It was pink with one floral wall. The back of the door was painted with chalk board paint. There was a bunk bed and a couch with a pull out bed. I called top bunk and alex called bottom so Lauren got the couch.

Lauren is thirteen just like Alex and I. She had blonde hair, and green eyes and was pretty tall. About 5'6. She lived with my family because her parents died when she was a baby. She really pretty.

Alex is also thirteen. She she is about 5' feet. Just like me. She has very long brown hair and green eyes. She is gorgeous just like Lauren.

I am thirteen like them. I have long brown hair also but I have BRIGHT blue eyes. I also have freckiles. I'm 5' foot tall.

I got my draw string bag and Alex, Lauren and I ran to the beach. I layed down my towel and we all raced to the water. I went under and came back out.

I looked to the right and that's when I saw him and his siblings playing in the water.