A Surprise?

I woke up to the sound of waves crashing on the beach. Alex and Lauren are still sleeping.

It was a lot earlier than I usually wake up. It's 8:30 A.M.

Its been three days since we went to H2O. So far Alex Matthew Hayes Lauren Clay and I have just hung out on the beach, in the pool, and downtown for lunch yesterday.

I decided I'm going to take a shower. I shaved and washed the paint out of my hair. Once I got out I put on some white jean shorts, a floral shirt, and no shoes because I'm going to sit on the beach.

The night at H2O keeps replaying in my head. Miles was creepy but other than that the night was perfect.

After I was finished getting ready I walked down stairs. My mom was sitting at the kitchen counter drinking coffee and reading on her kindle.

"Good morning sweety." My mom said

"Good morning." I said grabbing a bagel and popping it into the toaster.

"Why are you up so early?" She asked taking a sip of her coffee and setting down her kindle.

"I dunno. I just woke up. I'm probably going to go sit on the beach if that's all right."

"That's fine sweety. Soooo how are you and Clay doing?" She asked exaggerating the 'so'.

"Great." I responded spreading Nutella on my bagel because I hate cream cheese.

"I forgot to tell you. I have something to show you Lauren and Alex today. Be ready at around 1." My mom said

"Okay! What is it?" I asked

"You'll see." She respond

When I finished my bagel I walked out to the beach very curious to what my mom had planned.

The sand felt perfect. A mixture of warm and cold. It was soft also. I sat down near the water.

I sat there starring at the clouds, listening to the waves, and thinking.

I'm really worried about whats going to happen when this vacation is over. Am I ever going to see Clay again? I mean sure his school is only a short while from my house but that doesn't mean I'm going to see him. He told me Hayes and Matthew go to school with him also. That would mean Alex and Lauren would not be able to see them either. 

I feel big hands rap around my eyes. 

"Guess who." A teenage guys voice says, laughing softly.

"Clay obviously." I say and giggle. I feel the warm hands let go and I pull my hair behind my ear. Clay sits down next to me.

"Good morning." I say turning to him. 

"Good morning." He repeats and leans in to kiss me. I close my eyes and lean in. His lips felt warm against mine. And they fit perfectly together. As if they were meant to be connected. 

"So what are you doing out this early?" Clay asks me digging his feet into the sand.

"I just woke up early and decided to come out here. Think about stuff.  How about you?" I ask, swiping the sand with my finger tips. 

"I dunno. Same thing as you pretty much. Do you want to take a walk?" Clay asks standing up and putting his hand out to help me up. 

"Sure." I say as I grab his hand, stood up, and brushed the sand off of my legs with my free hand. I never let go of Clay's hand. His hands are much larger than mine, but not to big. His arm has to bend straight down, and mine has to bend a lot to hold hands. This is because he is 6'1 and I am about 5'1. That means he is a whole foot taller than me.