The Everyday Routine

Hawkins Indiana, 2014

In a house at the deep end of maple street, sleeped a boy unaware of his surroundings.

"NATHAN JAMES WHEELER." Said his angry mother.

"W-wha-what? Mom? What is it?" He yawned.

"You're late for school, again." With that sentence, all of her son's encouragement of sleeping again were crumbled.

"School? School!" He jumped out of his bed and went to change his clothes as fast as he could.

He wore a dark blue jacket and grey jeans, packed his stuff, reached his bike and started pedaling super fast.

"You forgot your lunch!" Her mother sighed when she realised that her son is already gone, so she went back into their house.

"He was late again, wasn't he." Said her husband who was sitting on their couch and was reading a news paper.

"Sometimes, i don't know how to deal with him... mike, am i a bad mama?" She sit next to him on the couch.

"El, skiping some classes, staying awake till late night to play video games, all of these things are normal for pre-teens like him." Mike said as put his hand on her left shoulder.

"Stop going too hard on yourself." He continued.

"How do you do it?" El asked him vaguely.

"Do what?" He asked a little confused.

"How do you always manage to boost my confidence?" With that he smiled.

"That's the mike magic, my dear."

"More like the dork magic." They both started laughing.

Meanwhile

When nathan reached the school he went straight to the geography class and interrupted his teacher while he was giving the others a lesson, which led to the entire class eying him.

"Mr. Wheeler, good to see you at least made it to the class. Now go sit on your desk please." Said the geography teacher, mr. riker.

"Yes, of course, mr. riker." He went to sit on his desk which was next to his bestfriend's, russell handerson.

Russell was a chubby boy with a heart of gold that lived alone with his dad dustin handerson after her mother died in a car crash. he and nathan have been friends since day one.

"Dude! Where were you?" He asked.

"In my house, having a good dream, until i was awakened and informed that i've been late for school!" Nathan explained.

"Let me guess, that dream of yours was about the you know who." Russell said, putting a little weight on his last words.

"N-no, i wasn't dreaming about her." Nathan blushed at the thought of being exposed.

"C'mon nate, we both know you've been crushing on emma sinclair since the day our parents introduced us to the sinclair family." Nate sighed at the brilliance of his best friend's attempt at exposing him.

"Ok yeah, i dreamed about emma, but it wasn't anything inappropriate." Then he looked at her, sitting on the front row, looking beautiful as usual.

He was kicked out of his stare session when a paper ball was thrown at his head by the jerk who always bullied him, fred johnson. Nate picked up the paper ball and revealed the massage that the bully sent him.

'Redy to be stuc in you lucker ajain lozer?' At that moment, nate didn't know if he should fear of being stuck in a locker, or laugh out load at the bully's grammar.

To Be Continued...