Bakugou - Umbrella

/* so this is before the dorms. Just some sweet fluff. Swearing from bakugou, you've been warned!
Enjoy!
*/

You stretched from your seat in the library and looked worriedly out the window.

As your busy school day at U.A ended, the unpredicted rain and hail started. Pouring down and drenching everything. And just to your luck, you didn't have an umbrella. And it wasn't as if you could just borrow a friend's - you had stayed behind to finish the last of your homework, and it was still sunny when they left!

So what choice did you have? You were at the U.A entrance, with the rain mere feet away from you. You had to make it to your bus stop... which was like what... seven, eight blocks away? You were just about to make a mad dash to the convenience store for an umbrella.

"Urrrrgg..." you groaned, as you methodically tied your shoelaces in preparation. "Why today..."

"Hey." That rough voice jolted you out of your grumbling. "Why the fuck are you still here?"

You looked up in bewilderment. There he was, your hero in shining sweatpants, Bakugou Katsuki... with a blessed umbrella.

Now your relationship with the temperamental boy was complicated. You two were in the same class... but you weren't sure if he even knew of your existence. Yet you admired his drive and found his explosive personality addicting.

And he found you fucking cute. While he would never admit it, he made an effort to get to know you and held you up above the rest of the weak assholes in his class. You first caught his interest in the entrance exams, and he's held a begrudging respect for you ever since. Even though his pride would never let his affection show...

"B-Bakugou!" You stuttered almost tripping over your freshly tied laces. You noticed the sweat on his face. "I was studying. You?"

"The fuck did you say? I cant hear over this fricken rain!" He yelled.

You sighed. And yelled right back.

"Oh. I was improving my quirk in the gym."

You inwardly cringed as you envisioned a completely mutilated gym.

You looked aside shyly as an awkward silence fell between you two. He let out a "tch" and spun around, leaving you and walking out of the shelter into the rain. Damn... he finally got you alone and couldn't even hold a proper conversation...

You hesitated for a moment. "Wait! Bakugou, I really need help! Can we share an umbrella?"

He looked back at you with a glare.

"Sorry... I don't have one and we go the same direction right?! Please just walk me to the bus stop!" You sputtered out in embarrassment.

He paused for a moment, and the only sound was the methodic drumming of the rain.

"Tch... shitty brat..." He grumbled. If it were anyone else, he would leave them to trudge through the rain themselves...

He silently marched back and held the umbrella up slightly.

Your face split into a grin as you hopped under with him.

. . .

As the two of you trudged through the empty and muddy streets, you filled the silence with your cheery chatter. He loved your voice. It cut through muting rain and eased away his worries.

For him, time was stopped. It was just you and him, in your own little bubble in the washed away city.

But all good things must come to an end, and quite too soon, you slowed down and stopped at your bus stop.

A single, dingy sign without a single inch of shelter.

"This is my stop Bakugou! Thanks for walking me here. I owe you one!" You giggled, a small blush on your cheeks.

Seeing your adorable blush, his cheeks reddened slightly, and he let out an annoyed "whatever", which went unnoticed by you as you looked on your phone for your bus time.

"Ah. Ten minutes. Whatever... I should be fine. Bye bye Bakugou!"

He frowned. Leave you here? In the rain without an umbrella for ten minutes?!

"Tch... what kind of hero would I be if I left you like this..." He growled. "Take it." He roughly thrust the umbrella into your hand.

"Huh? B-but you... what?" You sputtered.

"What kind of hero would I be if I let a girl stand in the rain? Fucking take the umbrella!"

He turned away with a huff and walked into the rain, his hair immediately sticking to his head.

"But Bakugou! Y-you... what about you?!" you trotted behind him, trying to hold the umbrella over his head. He spun around.

"Stay the fuck by your bus stop! Leave me alone shitty woman! I only live a couple blocks away from here!"

You abruptly stopped. Seeing him completely soaked but with that signature angry expression...

The rain ricocheting off the umbrella and occasionally splashing Bakugou in the face...

A smile grew on your face and you burst into giggles.

Just the two of you, one under an umbrella, laughing into the grey sky. The other standing up against the rain, glaring daggers at the ground.

"You're really something Bakugou." Your giggling subsided into a sweet smile. "Thank you."

He turned away with a huff and marched away down the street.

You returned to your stop and watched his hunched figure turn a corner with a gentle smile on your face.

"Man... you... you really are something."