Todoroki - Nurse's Office

/* hi guys I'm finishing up the unfinished works I have lying around the archives... this is an origin story of sorts for my OC, but still in second person so not really an origin story... but it's fine. She/you has a healing quirk.

Anyways. This oneshot is a bit more about my OC as a character than about the romance, but of course there's still some Todoroki love in there ;)

P.s blood description, no violence really but blood

Enjoy! */

. . .

"WATCH OUT!"

You froze in place as an eardrum blowing crash exploded behind you, shards of glass flying across your skin. Turning around in shock and disbelief, the first thing you saw was the mangled mass of metal and glass that cascaded across the street.

Next came the puddle of blood pooling around what remained of a motorbike. Your eyes focused on the man underneath the debris. Panic filled your veins. His body was twisted in a horrible way.

"Oh my God..."

"Someone call the ambulance!"

You looked around. No one was moving, and no one was helping. Why wasn't anyone helping?! Couldn't they see that man was dying?!

Your backpack dropped to the floor as you raced onto the street, dodging the panicked traffic.

Calming your racing heart, you kneeled in front of the man, checking his pulse and breathing, before pulling him away from the shrapnel. You looked around again, hoping that someone more qualified than you would take over, but no one did.

Taking a deep breath, you placed your hands above his chest. You had never healed anything worse than skin wounds in the past, but there was no time to worry about that, because this man's life was on your hands.

You activated your quirk, a shimmering blue light started to radiate from the man's body. In your mind's eye, you saw his injuries and broken bones in acute detail, allowing you to weave his muscles and skin back into place. Your fingers hovered over him as you reattached his bones, and reconnected his blood vessels.

After what felt like hours, but was more likely only a couple of minutes, you slumped back, exhausted, next to the unconscious man. You had fixed all the bodily harm your quirk had detected. You saw your vision swimming and a wave of nausea washed over you from quirk overuse.

With the last of your strength, you checked his pulse again. It was strong. You let out a sigh of relief before the world blacked out.

. . .

You reminisced the events that eventually led to your position as a student of U.A. Only a couple months ago, word had spread like wildfire of a middle schooler who, in a moment of crisis, managed to save a man's life with her incredible quirk.

All your life, you thought you were going to live a simple life, working some 9-5 job. But your world was turned around as hero academies started knocking at your door, and before you knew it, you were admitted into U.A's general studies program, studying under the famous Recovery Girl herself.

You shook your head in disbelief. Even now, halfway through the semester, you were still in shock. In the past couple of months, you were acting as U.A's trainee nurse, spending your free time between studying medical books and healing injuries in the medical office.