For Love

Most days when Mike Foster wasn't at work, spending time with Jude, or checking in on Mariana and Judy he was visiting Peaches. His heart, and deep feelings for her were still written on his sleeve and without his family knowing the man had struggled for a bit with alcohol during the last few years. One could say it was the result of everything that transpired with his marriage, and for the guilt of his feelings toward Peaches. Mix that with the death of his father and never living up to what Frank wanted him to be it was a recipe for disaster. But Mike refused to fall into any kind of hole for he knew there were too many people in his life that counted on him. His nephew included for he had to be around for when Jude graduated and entered the academy. Letting his life go to shit was not an option for he was also one of the very few males that the kids had, needed and loved.

Before anyone could really notice Mike went to AA and attended regular counseling pretty aggressively. That helped keep him at bay but his heart still struggled many days over the loss of his unborn son and Peaches condition. On many of their visits the young woman had her good days and bad. Those good days Mike took them as they came and cherished them deeply. The two would take long walks, enjoy the California weather, talk, laugh, watch TV and play board games. On her not so good day the woman's temper would often flare up out of pure frustration over her condition, over not being able to raise her daughter and her forgetful short term memory. Yes she was still aware of what happened to her, she knew who Roxy was and thankfully she knew who her family was. But it was difficult especially when she would watch her daughter leave knowing she herself was to blame for what happened.  If only she had not gone to Roxy's that night, if only she had not gone against her better judgement she would not have lost two children. Those were the days she would either cry in Mike's arms or push him away. 

The other issue that was soon coming to light was the fact that the cost of her care would soon skyrocket as a result of the state no longer paying for her treatment or board at the facility. Even with the payments Mike was making now it wouldn't be enough so he was thinking long and hard about what could be done for there was no way he would let anything happen to her again. Ever.

During the last few years he had been internally struggling because Mike never wanted to be seen as a dog. As a bad person or scum and stepping out on Judy was something he regretted and the way in which it had happened.  His ex wife didn't deserve what he had done for Judy had been faithful from day one and helped him each and everyday take care of Frankie and Jude while Stef was in jail.  He repaid his ex wife in a shitty way, he knew it and felt shattered when he finally confessed to her what she already knew. That his heart was somewhere else and the child Peaches had carried was his.  Of course the confirmation of it killed Judy inside but she had known the truth and in some way respected Mike for telling her. Sure she screamed at him, she yelled at him and cursed at him. There was also a period where they did not speak nor see each other but as a result of Mariana they almost had to communicate and left them no choice but to get along. Had he broken his ex wife's heart? Yes, Judy was very crushed and spent many nights crying in Stef's arms.

The affair between Mike and Peaches didn't happen right away. It happened over time as their feelings only increased the more they saw each other. Smiles were exchanged, affection was shown, and protection was given for Peaches had never seen this kind of love. Ever and her heart fell for the man who continued to protect her like no one ever had and her little girl. The day she found out she was pregnant there was no way she could tell the family who the father was. She had cried, and didn't even tell Mike for sometime. When she did however he wasn't angry and wanted to do the right thing. But he never got the chance and he felt that deep in his heart and soul.

Right now all he could do was try to be the best man he could despite his mistakes and errors.  He helped his sister with the kids, helped Judy with Mariana, and tried his best to help Peaches. He knew he could never erase his mistakes, and Judy forgave him for that was the woman she was. His family also forgave him and knew he was just human but as time ticked by he continued to wonder what would come of things. What would come of Peaches and would she ever get better? If she did would they get together or realize it was not meant to be. Or would she want Mariana returned to her? And him and Judy? What would become of that? No one knew. 

-----------------------

During the course of the following week life would only get a tad more hectic for the family. There were moments of quietness of course but some moments of downright crazinees. Stef had been called in on emergency a few mornings in a row at the facility for one of her girls was threatening suicide, another had gotten access to drugs, and another was found beaten up by a rival gang. Those calls were never easy as she visited and comforted each one in the infirmary hoping she could get through to them and get them back on the right path. It was a guessing game at times as she realized there were just some girls she couldn't save no matter what. 

Alice Jacobs had been no better either and was keeping a low profile. But Stef new better for she was aware of that game and had played it very well herself many, many times.  The young girl had no idea what she was up against as she had made plans with another random girl to jump Stef and stab her. She was just waiting for the right time and couldn't wait to hurt her and see the look of fear on her face. The blonde had embarrassed her far to many times and in Alice's eyes the woman needed to be taught a lesson. And a good one. However she had no idea her sister worked there but she would find out soon and not in the best way.

Aside from work drama Callie had told the moms how Mariana was feeling in terms of Roxy and of course they were concerned. Even if the little girl was in therapy and had been for sometime they had all missed something. Infact they all had missed something pretty big for Mariana had been sending anonymous threatening letters to Roxy for the past few months. The overweight woman had read them of course but had no idea it was coming for her. No idea at all but she was growing suspicious of who it might be.

Things right now couldn't get more hectic but they were about to get more interesting as Lena had picked up her son and little granddaughter from school and walked into the home.  With the kids taking their shoes off and getting ready to have a snack the slim woman opened Frankie's room door knowing she was at choir to grab baby Stef's slippers. But instead saw her daughter and Darlene kissing right on the lips. Holy shit she thought as well as the two girls who pulled away instantly and Frankie's face was white as a ghost.

--------------

Well, LOL. Stef is going to be very excited. LOL. You think Lena should tell her?

Poor Mariana, and poor Mike.

Alice is about to get her ass beat thinking she can stab Stef. LOL