One Shot

Arthit can't keep his mind on class.

It's not his fault. He's trying to pay attention as focuses on the murmur of the professor's voice droning on. It's not like he found marketing interesting, but It's a requirement for his degree. Left to his own devices, Arthit would be more than happy to sit in the back of class, away from the attention of either the professor or the other students, and let the information sink into his memory. But this is a general education class, which meant you could take it at any time before finishing your degree. This is how Kongpob ends up in the same class as Arthit for the first time.

"You haven't answered me, P'Arthit," Kongpob murmurs at Arthit's shoulder without lifting his head from the notes he's taking. Arthit is sure Kongpob's facade would pass for anyone viewing said 'notes' from anything more than a few feet away. But unfortunately for him, he's within range to see what Kongpob is writing, which becomes more graphic the longer Arthit goes without responding to him. "Are you really that interested in marketing?"

"I'm trying to pay attention," Arthit mumbles, looking away from Kongpob's handwriting to the professor gesturing to a line of text across the blackboard. "Otherwise, I'll have to go back and study this later tonight."

"I can teach you," Kongpob informs him without looking up from the page in front of him. "The flashcards were a great idea when I had to help you with history."

The flashcards were a terrible idea. Arthit can feel his whole face go warm at the reminder of the stack of white cards. It had gone well until Arthit missed his fifth card, at which point Kongpob insisted he was punished with a game that consisted of Kongpob's mouth venturing lower and lower on Arthit's body while Arthit tried desperately to keep his attention on answering the questions.

They had only made it through half the cards before the study session had entirely dissolved into something else. Worst of all, Arthit had taken the test with his face on fire from the memory of Kongpob's supposed 'help.' He's still sure he could have scored a full grade higher if he studied alone.

"No," Arthit hisses, scowling the best he can while looking at Kongpob in profile. It's difficult when Kongpob's features are only so striking in silhouette. "You're not capable of teaching."

"P'Arthit," Kongpob says his name, mouth tugging up at the corner. "Maybe it's that you don't take me seriously as a teacher since I'm your junior. How about," He paused for a moment. "You could call me sir, what do you think?"

"Kongpob!"

"Or I could call you sir," Kongpob continues without missing a beat. "I wouldn't mind." He looks sideways at Arthit from where he sits.

Arthit huffs a heavy exhale as the best defense he can muster against Kongpob using that pleading voice that always makes everything sound like sex itself. "No," He whispers. "It sounds like--"

"Excuse me," Arthit hears and flinches when he looks up to see the teacher staring right at them. Defensively, his shoulders hunch in around his ears as he ducks his head against the wave of self-consciousness that hits him. "Do you two have something to say to the rest of the class?"

"No," Arthit mumbles without looking up.

"I see." The professor turns his attention to Kongpob, freeing Arthit from the weight of his stare for at least a moment. "What about you?"

"No, professor," Kongpob says in a significantly clearer tone. "P'Arthit lost track of where we are in the textbook, and I was trying to catch him up."

"I see." The professor's tone sounds less than convinced, but Arthit doesn't dare lift his head to see if he's the victim of the other's steady stare. "Please do your best to keep it quieter in consideration of the other students."