Chapter 4:

Y/N P.O.V

"C-come in!?" I asked in confusion which I guess he didn't understand it was a question since he waltzed on inside to my apartment. What is he doing!? What should I do!? Should I kick him out?? Well I think kicking him out would be rude and probably impossible.

I turned around and watched him, he was standing in my apartment once again, I couldn't really believe it. He looked around for a bit then looked at me, "Your room is similar to Sensei's room, except yours is messy" he said with a straight face. Did this guy have the nerve to tell that to my face?? However I looked and noticed the mess of dirty clothes...and my bras! He can't see that!

"I wasn't really expecting guests" I explained nervously as I rushed past him and started grabbing my things from the floor. I could tell he was watching me which was starting to make me even more nervous. "I-i'll be right back!" I stuttered leaving him in the room and shoved everything into my laundry basket. I could tell he was moving since I heard the floor creak under the pressure of his steps. I hope I didn't leave anything embarrassing behind but I had to hurry.

When I came back, I saw him in the corner of the room by my dresser and it looked like he had something in his hand. I walked over and I guess he noticed me because he turned towards me and showed my what was in his hands. It was a picture...of me and my mom. "Is this your mother?" He asked and I just nodded slightly. "Yeah that is" I replied with a weak smile, its been ages since I last saw her after moving.

"Does she live here too?" He asked curiously looking at the picture. "No, actually she lives in City A, I just moved out from our house." I started, taking a step closer towards him. "It was always me and my mom after my dad left, she was the only one taking care of me since we really didn't have any other family, but all we really needed was eachother." I added as my mind started to drift to the memories that played in my head. I didn't notice Genos staring at me until he finally spoke. "Why did you leave then?"

That question. I honestly never knew why I did, or maybe I did but I'm sure its not the right answer. I looked back at him and he kept staring at me. I shrugged. "I-i dunno exactly, I guess because I became of age to leave?" I asked myself. I guess he understood because he just nodded. "You resemble your mother a lot actually." He added before putting the picture back down on the dresser top. I blushed a bit and smiled.

Now realizing there is an actual guest in the house, I was being rude. "Oh! Um do you want anything like a drink?" I asked but he just shook his head. "I just came to return your bag." He said plainly and started heading for the front door. I was a bit disappointed but I wasn't too sure what to expect from a cyborg, from him of course.

Before he left he stood at the opening of the doorway, "Since you live next to sensei, you will be under our protection. I know he will be an excellent help for you." He said looking at me over his shoulder. I nodded thanking him and waved. "Thank you for visiting me, we should um do this more often." I added nervously. What am I thinking?? You don't just say that to someone you met just a few days ago!! "Yes," he said suddenly and I looked at him "And you the same, we are neighbors after all." He finished before finally disappearing from my doorway.

My heart started to race as I realized what this meant to me...