Chapter four

It was finally friday. The game day. The football team had been training/relaxing for the whole day. For Thor, it meant mostly eating. For Pietro it meant training, but every now and then talking with his sister Wanda and trying to see if Clint was around. He had heard that Clint might have a thing for him. For Bucky it meant training, but he did his training mostly with Natasha. Some of their training was a little more steamy, and involved less clothes. And for Steve and Sam, it meant training. Steve however was not having his mind in the training and coming game. All he could really think about was Tony. And the way it made him feel when Tony rejected his hand. And the way... The way his heart felt flustered and warm when he was on top of Tony.

Tony really wasn't enjoying the idea of the game. Why he had to go? If Clint and Pepper, and apparently Natasha, wanted to go, why didn't they go together? Why he and Bruce had to go too? Well, at least Bruce was coming. Tony was ready to just ignore the game and talk with Bruce about science or something. Pepper interrupted Tony's thoughts.

"Hey! Looking forward to the game?" she seemed happy.

"No. Why would I? It's just a mindless simple game for mindless simple people. There's nothing interesting in football", Tony murmured.

Pepper frowned and said: "Tony you're too negative. If you'd just give it a chance, maybe you would even enjoy it."

Tony huffed. No way he was going to enjoy the game. And he really didn't understand why Pepper was so excited about it. He understood that Clint was hyped 'cause he could see Pietro. And if he had the balls, maybe even talk to him. And Natasha, well she was good with hiding stuff, but they weren't hiding anymore. At least not enough so that their friends couldn't understand what was going on. But why Pepper? What did she see in a stupid sport like that? The truth was, Pepper wasn't that interested in the game itself. She was more interested in someone in the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The game wasn't starting in quite a while, but everyone were at the field/station already. Pepper, Tony, Bruce, Clint and Natasha had found themselves places to sit. And they sat in that order. Tony was on his phone, making sure to seem as uninterested as possible. Bruce was mostly trying to keep himself warm, chatting with Tony every now and then. Natasha and Clint were clearly trying to find their players on the field. And so was Pepper, not as obviously as the other too though. The game was about to start and everyone cheered. Well, everyone but Tony. And Bruce didn't exactly cheer, but he was getting into the atmosphere.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was halftime. 'Finally' was what Tony thought to himself. Though, if he was honest, he was starting to enjoy a little bit. But only a little. And the way Steve seemed to glow when he was playing. No! He did not just think that. He was just getting tired. Yeah. He was about to ask if Pepper wanted something from the snackbooth, but she was gone. It was a bit weird, but Tony pretty much brushed it off. Natasha and Clint were gone too, that wasn't so weird. Actually Tony smiled at the fact that Clint was gone. Maybe he finally got the courage to go to talk to that speedster he liked.

"You want something to eat or drink?" Tony asked from Bruce who was still there.

"Water would be nice. I'll stay here to keep our seats", Bruce answered.

Tony nodded and headed to the booth.

He got water for his bestfriend and Pepsi for himself. He also got nuts for Clint, knowing he would probably whine if he didn't get nuts. When Tony was about to go back, he heard a familiar giggle.

"Oh stop it you."

"But Pepper you really are so pretty! When will you leave Tony?"

"Oh do you really have to bring him to this? I don't know", said the voice Tony now knew was Pepper.

What the hell was that? He must've heard wrong, right? He decided to find those two voices and peek what they were doing. The sight shattered his heart. It was Pepper and some random guy. A guy from the football team apparently. Kissing. Tony was in shock. Was that happening for real? Was he really seeing Pepper kissing another guy? He couldn't look anymore. He started running away. Until he bumped into something. No, not something, someone. He fell to the ground and looked up with panic in his eyes.

"Tony?" the tall figure asked, sounding worried.

It was Steve. It had to be Steve out of all the people he had to bump into. And at time like that.

"Tony are you okay? You look pale" he continued getting down on his knees besides Tony.

Tony didn't say anything, he couldn't. Nothing came out of his mouth.

"Tony do you hear me? Tony? Oh god. Natasha come help me! It's Tony!" Steve yelled at Natasha, who was walking by.

She came right away. As she saw Tony worry took over her face too. She had never seen Tony like that.

"What happened?" she asked.

"I don't know. He ran into me and, oh god, I don't know. He fell and was like this. Nat what is going on? Is he okay? What should I do? Should I take him somewhere? What if something bad happened and-" Steve was cut off.

"Steve! He's gonna be okay. Just- Just take him to his car. I'll go get Bruce" she ordered.

Steve nodded and raised Tony. If Tony could've said something, he most likely would have yelled Steve to let him down. Steve was carrying him in bridal style. And it was frigging embarassing to Tony. But at the same time, he felt safe at Steve's arms. He felt like he was safe from world. Safe from Pepper. Safe from his thoughts and the panic attack that he had going on.