Chapter fifteen

"Good morning", Steve gave a peck on Tony's head.

"Oh, hiya!" Tony flashed a smile.

They walked side by side in the school hallways. Steve noticed Tony looking a tad bit uneasy.

"Is everything okay?" he worried.

"Hm? Yeah, everything's fine", Tony assured, sighing: "I just.. Well I haven't even flirted with anyone after Pepper happened.. Plus this is my first time with a guy... To be honest I'm just kinda worried what other will think?"

Steve watched Tony explain his fears, grabbing the smaller one's shoulder and pulling him closer.

"I know, this is new for me too. But do other people really matter?" he asked.

"No, you're right, they don't", Tony gave a small smile.

"Also, you haven't flirted with anyone after Pepper? Not even one person?" Steve whispered teasingly.

Tony laughed while shaking his head.

"You are adorable. See you at lunch", the brunette gave a peck on Steve's cheek and headed to his class.

Finally things were really going his way. He had Steve, and though they had only confessed their feelings a couple of days earlier, everything felt so good. Well, to Tony and Steve everything was good, but someone didn't agree.

------------------------------------

After first class Tony headed to his locker. He was gonna just change a few books from his bag before going to next class.

As he closed the locker door: "Hey!"

"OH god! Fuck! Pepper? What do you want?" Tony hissed.

"Can't I just want to be a good friend who wants to know how you're doing?" Pepper inquired.

Tony huffed: "First of all, you're not my friend. Yeah no way that's happening. Secondly, why would you even care?"

Before Pepper could even answer Tony stormed off: "No excuse me, I gotta go. Go to that John boy of yours."

Pepper was left feeling offended and angry, but at the same time, deep down, she understood Tony's reaction.

---------------------------------

Wednesdays were soup days and it was time for some carrot cream soup. Steve, Bruce and Sam were already sitting at the table. Tony his food.

"What are we talking about", Tony asked sitting next to Steve.

"Tony! I actually have something to tell you", Bruce announced.

Tony leaned in to listen, but they were interrupted.

"Hi! can I sit with you guys?" Pepper smiled.

Steve glared at her, Tony had a face of disgust, Sam raised a brow.

Bruce was only one able to talk: "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Aww c'mon. We can still be friends, right?" Pepper frowned.

"Didn't I already tell you?" Tony questioned.

"Tony-" Steve tried to calm down his boyfriend.

"Go fuck John already. I don't want anything to do with you!" Tony raised his voice.

"Well, for your information, me and John are no longer together", Pepper informed.

"Pepper, please just go", Bruce begged.

"Also you flirted with other all the time. Doesn't that make you a bit of a hypocrite?" Pepper started to get annoyed.

Tony was clearly offended and starting to get really angry. Steve tried to calm Tony, but Bruce was really the one who had enough.

"Pepper, just go away! No one wants you here, okay? You hurt Tony enough already!" he stood up.

Someone who didn't know Bruce so well would've probably continued. But thankfully Pepper knew Bruce. She knew it was time to back off.

They stayed silent for a moment, continuing to eat.

"Hey Steve, you coming to that party on friday?" Sam finally asked.

"Party?" Steve was confused.

"Yeah. Do you not remember? We're having a pre- season end party", Sam explained.

"Oh, right, I really did forget about that", Steve admitted, looking at Tony who was pouting.

Sam raised his head: "Yes, Tony can come. Natasha and Clint are also coming. Yo Brucey, you too are invited."

"Mm, not sure I'm really the party type", Bruce said.

"Oh c'mon man, it's gonna be fun", Sam exclaimed.

Bruce shook his head laughing. Steve looked at Tony again.

"Do we have to stay there the whole night?" Tony whispered.

"No, but I'd like to go at least. It's my team", Steve answered.

"But Tony, the thing I had to tell you", Bruce started.

"Yes! Tell me!" Tony got excited.

"I'm going to enter the national tech competition", Bruce announced.

Tony's face lit up: "Oh my god, Bruce that's amazing! You'll win for sure! And if you need any help just tell me."

Bruce smiled nodding.

A/N: I'm really sorry for the super short chapter! This was more of a filler chapter, but I'll try to get the next one done as soon as possible.  (Also how are you liking the story so far?)