-2-

¤347¤
Bunk Bead Conversations
-14 Years Old-

I've learned that fear limits you and your visions

I've learned that fear limits you and your visions. It serves as blinders to what may be just a few steps down the road for you. The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even more brighter path. Transforming fear into freedom - how great is that?
-Soledad O'Brien

~¤~

What was more terrifying - being the monster or not knowing when the monster was to attack? Or was it both. My brother was both and I didn't know how to help him. But, besides all the pain and suffering - the sickness that was eating away at his health, he smiled and looked at me with those eyes telling me that everything was going to be fine. How foolish of him to look after me when it's my job to do that. I would give anything to have my brother be happy. He deserved it out of the both of us. Nightmares, series of coughs leaving him with blood on his hand and out of breath. The thing inside him was eating away his life and I'm surprised my brother has lived this long. Yet after all that he still looked at me as if I was his hero. And that is why I will do anything to have him happy. And if i have to kill anyone for him i will.

《•》

"Hey, shhhhh it's alright," My brother screamed waking more people than he already did. "Wake up, Davien," I grabbed his face and that stilled him as he whimpered. His eyes fly open with the pupil expanding with terror. He glances around but, stops and let's a sob exit his mouth. I let go of his face and sit back as he pulled his legs to his chest, hiding his face between the knees. His body shook and I knew immediately what happened in that dream.

"Davien, you're not there anymore." I murmured as I sat closer to him. His body shook as he lifted his eyes. He actually looked like the kid he was supposed to be. My heart hurt to see him this way.

"Shut that freak up." Someone hissed. My head snapped towards the person as my eyes narrowed. "Better go back to sleep before I put you to sleep myself. And it will only be permanent." My voice came out with venom. I turned back to my brother and my frown deepened.

"Do you want me to stay?" The same question I asked everytime this happened rolled off my tongue with ease. He nodded his head and laid back down and hid under his covers. His hand snaked out from under the same covers and held it out to me. "Im here. I won't let anything like that ever happen to you ever again. I'm here." I grabbed his hand and curled up against his bad. The hard floor was sure to put a kink in my back but being here my brother was worth it just to see him smile in the morning. I started nodding off when I heard my brother's breathing even out. I stayed right were I was till darkness took over my vision.

《•》

The next morning I found myself in an actual bed. Mine, actually.

"Reiner was really nice and brought you back." Mina was getting ready as she spoke to me. I raised my eyebrows....who?

"I'll have to thank him then." I mumbled and turned right back and got ready myself. We headed off to breakfast and that didn't last long till we were forced to meet up in front of three poles that connected at the top with white hanging from two of them.

Balance.

And seeing if you could handle the equipment.

And me and my brother had it down pat. We were steady and didn't blink. We will pass this test with no trouble at all. So when dinner came around we finished and headed out to explore.

"I'm sorry." I turned and looked to my brother. His face held vulnerability as he rung his hand around his other hand's wrist. A nervous habit he picked up a long time ago. Once more my heart broke for him.

"For what?"

"I'm such a burden." He whispered as he looked down playing with the dirt. "All I do is mess up. I'm sick all the time. I'm not a good fighter like you or good at keeping my emotions in like you. I feel like I'm always letting you down. I'm doing nothing more then holding you back." He sounded like he was about to cry so I grabbed his shoulders and shook him lightly till he looked at me.

"Shut up. You shut up with that talk right now or I swear to the stars I'll kick you ass. You are everything I'll never be. You are better in every way so stop apologizing. You did nothing wrong."

"Bu-" I cut him off with a glare as we stopped at a cliff that over looked a beautiful lake. He sighed and let his chestnut red eyes look over the scene before he sat down on the ledge with me following. We sat in silence looking over the beautiful world till he broke the silence.

"What do you call a farm that makes bad jokes?"

"I don't know." A sly smile over took his face.

"Corny."

-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry for the late update guys. I was moving, so everything is settling down now. Yay.

Thank you guys for reading this far. I hope you're enjoying this. I swear it will get better.😂😂maybe.

The top picture is what I imagined Davien to look like.