Chapter 23

Lilith was currently in her abilities class touching up on her earth manipulation skills when it happened. Maria was talking up a storm to her as she played with her work of art, which was a mini flower field she'd created on the floor, when the door suddenly flew up and the trainer was thrown unconscious and against the wall, causing all the students to be alert as everyone faced the intruder.

Lilith had her fingers flexed and ready to call her weapon in a split second, and Maria who was standing next to her had her weapon already out and ready to strike. The man was hooded, his face barely shown as he stepped into the classroom, his eyes landing on the faces of each and every student.

"Now...which one of you is the Fae?" He asked, and the sound of his voice caused chills to roll down Lilith's spine. It was dark and very malicious sounding, as if straight from a nightmare.

Lilith swallowed thickly, knowing exactly who he wanted as she glanced at Maria, who instantly glanced back at her. They were the only two in the room that knew the only Fae in the room was Lilith, so at the sound of the name, Lilith could see the students look at each other with confusion.

"T-The Fae's are extinct..w-we're all Elves..." A male student said from the back of the room, causing the hooded man to chuckle darkly as he stepped further into the room. A lump began to form in Lilith's throat as she glanced down at Olive, mentally telling her to sneak over to the corner of the room and get ready to strike if the hooded man attempted to attack. Olive obeyed and slowly slithered to the corner of the room, blending into the shadows. Lilith looked back at the man keeping her hand flexed as she watched him move closer to the students.

"Not necessarily...there's one standing in this room right now, I can smell her." He growled. Lilith took a deep breath as she glanced out the window, feeling a tingle under her skin as she saw Ash waiting behind the trees in the woods, ready to strike at any given moment. Lilith nodded at the large animal and watched as it crouched, awaiting her next signal.

"But all of our ears are point-" The boy said but before he could finish the man suddenly appeared in front of him and grabbed his neck, squeezing it and causing the boys eyes to widen as he attempted to breathe. Without a second to waste, Lilith called her sword and moved quickly as Olive followed in suit, quickly crawling up the boys leg without being seen and positioning her teeth at the hooded mans neck as Lilith pressed her sword against the bare skin of his throat.

"Congratulations, you found me. Now I suggest you put the kid down and face me or the bite of my familiar to your neck will paralyze you instantly and I could gut you where you stand." She spoke, venom dripping from every word as she pressed the sword deeper into his skin. The man chuckled darkly and dropped the kid, before quickly turning around and grabbing her sword, pulling it away from his neck. Lilith glared at him and was about to speak when she was thrown into the wall, nearly flying through it. In a second she was lifted off the ground by her neck, shutting her airways as the hooded man pressed her against the wall, grinning widely.

"Finally! I've been waiting so long to get my hands on you!" He said in a maniac type of voice as his hood fell, revealing a very ugly creature she'd never seen much less heard of before. He was like a mix of the gross elf she killed weeks before and the large, morphed wolf that Ash killed. Lilith glanced out the window and watched as Ash dashed out of the woods and towards the school, but she mentally stopped him. Get Dallas. She spoke and watched as her large familiar hesitated, before turning and taking off in another direction. Lilith looked back at the creature and then the other students, before glaring back at the man.

"So you're the boss. Finally decided to do your own dirty work, hm?" She forced out as she deactivated her weapons and prepared to activate them again when the moment was right. The creature chuckled and squeezed her neck harder as he brought her face closer to his disgusting one, breathing in her scent.