- Foreshadowing -

Chapter two

---

The lesson goes on for way too long. Y/N is having a difficult time concentrating on anything the professor is saying. All she is doing is moving the computer mouse to keep her hands busy. 

Y/N can still smell the coffee that hasn't dried yet, and she's even starting to feel self-conscious about it. She keeps glancing around to see if anyone seems to be acknowledging the smell, even though it's mostly only in her head.

She turns her attention back to the lecture and tries again to listen carefully to what he's saying.

"...You're going to write about the public debate regarding Religion. You will actually have the options between discussing, presenting or writing. The test, or exam as we may call it, takes place in about three weeks. All the information you need to know has been sent in an email..." As Y/N tunes in on what he's saying for only a moment, she finds out something she really wish she hadn't heard.

More work.

She lets out a groan and sinks deeper into her chair, hoping she can just disappear. How nice would be to just sleep right now?

Y/N then feels a supporting touch on her arm. She looks up and meets Kira's concerned expression.

"I feel the same way..." She whispers, almost mouths. Y/N smiles at her friend and leans on her shoulder while Kira takes hold of her hand and holds it tightly. "We have about thirty minutes left." Y/N nods and takes a deep breath

Just try to concentrate, you'll feel much better later about it.

* * *

"That's all for today. Remember to take an extra look at those documents in your emails." The class is dismissed right before the bell, and everyone gets up to leave.

"Y/N, what was it that happened earlier?" Kira packs her laptop and books into her backpack faster than her tired friend does. Y/N lingers for a moment longer to check her social medias on her phone before standing up slowly.

"Ugh, it was so stupid." Y/N starts just as she packs her stuff as well. "I was waiting for my coffee at Local Coffee and when I finally got it I had lost my patience and just started running out. I bumped into a guy and it literally spilled all over me."

The two start walking toward the exit doors together, along with the crowd.

"A guy?" Kira asks teasingly. Y/N gives her a look.

"Oh my god, I would never even dream of it." She says mono toned. Kira chuckles for a moment as they exit and walk to their next class.

"I'm sorry about it." She says and hugs her best friend from the side.

"I'm just so done with everything. I'm ready to work. I just wanna quit college right now." Saying it out loud feels good, even though it isn't completely true. Today's events are reflecting on Y/N's mindset a little too much.

"I know right, I totally understand. But you can't leave! We're gonna get through this together." Her grip tightens on Y/N, and she manages to leave a slight smile on her face.

"I love you so much, Kira." She says and looks at her. Kira smiles.

"I love you too." Her grip loosens as they start walking up to the third floor, toward the language and literature classroom. When they get to the top, they turn left to the computer room where they usually go to spend their ten minute free periods on the third floor. The first person Y/N sees inside is Kim. She's sitting on a table with her nose in a book and is wearing her over-ear headphones like usual.