- Fine Wine -

Chapter four

---

"It's not in my head that I recognize you, right?" The man asks with a smile, looking straight at Y/N. What game is he playing? 

"I was having a bad day." Y/N replies shortly, referring to last Monday.

"Oh! You mean when you screamed 'Asshole' and spilled your coffee?" His expression turns dark. Y/N crosses her arms and looks away.

"My sweater was ruined, you know." She scoffs and looks back at him with raised eyebrows.

"It was clearly. And I would have offered to pay for it if you had been a bit friendlier." Y/N could tell he was trying to tease her. "What's your name?" He asks out of the blue, causing Y/N to let out a small laugh.

"What's yours?"

"I asked first." He points out.

"Does it matter? At this point I can report you for harassment." 

This time, the man laughs. "Damn, harsh. My name is Kuroo."

She hesitates. "I'm Y/N."

"It's nice to m-" Kuroo starts and holds out his hand, but Y/N interrupts him.

"I'm not  shaking your hand." She says, trying to keep a straight face, but failing. She lets out a smiling scoff, and Kuroo pulls his hand back to his side and watches her.

"Bad day again?" He asks, head slightly tilted with a sly smile.

"Now, yes." Her reply causes him to laugh out loud.

"I'm sorry about it, Y/N."

Her eyes glance to the large window again, admiring the sight. She wishes she could disappear into the crowd as well. She looks back at Kuroo to find him taking a long sip from his black coffee while checking something on his phone.

"What are you still doing here?" She snarls.

He smirks and chuckles. "Am I bothering you?"

"Yes."

Kuroo seems to be amused by her annoyance. 

"What are you doing on there?" He asks, eyes flickering to her computer for a moment. "Working?"

Y/N leans forward and rests her face on her hand while looking at Kuroo. "Why are you all the sudden so interested?" She asks quietly.

"There's something called conversing." 

She rolls her eyes. "It's just school work."

"So you're in college?" His tone looses a hint of sarcasm for a second, surprising Y/N.

"What else?" She replies. Kuroo shrugs, still amused.

"I guess that's a not a popular topic."

Y/N scoffs. They look at each other for a moment, and Kuroo sighs.

"Are you just naturally a rude person?" He asks, offending Y/N, but she doesn't show it. Instead, she let's out a laugh.

"You can't say that, you don't even know me." 

"Well you're not really giving me a chance to try, are you?" Kuroo catches her by surprise with his comeback. He does make a good point. Why is she being so rude anyway? To her, he just seems like such a douche, it's hard to see past what happened on Monday.

"It started off badly." She admits honestly, looking straight at him.

"Yeah, it did. So, I'll apologize to make you happy." He starts. "If you do, too."