𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

| | |

| | |

"60, 61, 62..." sweat glistened Parkers tan skin as he pulled himself up to the bar in his bathroom doorway. He felt jittery and working out would alleviate the nerves he was feeling about his "just friends" date with Mac.

Parker usually didn't care about a lot of things. His disposition was naturally nonchalant, he didn't have the energy to be anything else. Whatever persona he threw on each day was what everyone would get. But Mac wasn't just anybody, he felt the need to impress her, whether it be with leather bracelets, his taste in music, or just him.

Maybe he was overcompensating because he liked her for so long. His crush on Mac would sometimes be the only thing he had to look forward to for school.

He had messed around with others never thinking he would ever have a chance with her. But now he did.

His mind was impeded with a million ways the date could go wrong. He pushed himself harder, sweat was dripping down his temple and his blonde hair was browning by the minute.

Parker's pull ups stopped when he heard on a knock on his door and his mother gracefully walked into his room.

"Parker, Paige's Nanny caught a stomach bug and cancelled today. So I need you to watch Paige, while your father and I go to the Archibald's charity event" his mother said placing her hands on her hips and watching her son sigh in newfound irritation.

"Mom I had plans tonight, is there any one else that can watch her?" Parker asks taking a sip of his water already knowing the answer.

"Not any one that I trust. Galina has been with us since you were a child, and the lawyers would have to draw up an NDA and there isn't enough time. I wanted tonight to be an easy night, didn't want your father upset" she says rubbing her cheek in remembrance of when he slapped her earlier that day.

Parker noticed her blank stare and how she favored her left arm instead her right but said nothing to absolve her from her pain.

"Sure mom, I can watch her" he replied defeated.

"Thanks honey. You don't even have to eye ball her every five seconds just turn on a movie and do your own thing she will fall asleep by 10" she says giving him air kisses to avoid his sweat.

"Is it okay if I bring a friend over?"

"Of course, we will likely end up staying at the Ritz-Carlton so have fun" she says nodding her head with a smile.

He tried to keep his grimace to himself as his perfect night out was ruined. If he couldn't show her the Parker Maddox experience why couldn't he bring it to her.