Chapter 2: The date, The car, and The kiss

Niall's pov

I felt bad for going tonight, but it was a dare. That girl was Allison's most hated bully: Amanda. Amanda had really red hair, more red than Summer, and blue eyes. Oh well. Allison doesn't like me that way. If anything, She was liking Liam. Nothing between her and I. I walked over. I looked good. Normal. I walked to the door when a familiar face came over. "Why hello der Allison." I said, leaning against the doorway. "Hi...." She said quietly. "Well.... I have a date to get to so...." I said, kinda pushing her aside. I could see the hurt in her eyes. Her soft green eyes that had light to them are now dim.

Allison's pov

I thought I'd see Niall one more time before the date. To remind him of Amanda. He just pushed me aside. Why? I watched him walk out to his car and turn to me. "I can't drive" He told me. "Don't go on the date." I answered. I walked past him. "Look Allison, you need to drive me. None of the boys are home right now." He said. "No!" I yelled. He looked at me sadly. I was already hurt enough. I sighed. "Get in the car." I ordered. He happily got in. I drove him to Nando's. It was Seven Thirty, so hopefully she left already. I took it upon myself to drive really slow. I pulled up, let him out, and zoomed away. I probably had to drive him again. I got back to my house and sat down with a bag of chips. A shadow stood at my door as I turned on the black and white reruns.

Liam's pov

I walked into Allison's house like I was Niall. I knew she was hurting. I knew it. I didn't want to be intruding, but I knew she needed someone. When she was around Niall, there was this light in her eyes- but eversince Amanda it was gone. I should've lost the bet. It would've been better. I walked over to her and sat down next to her. You could tell she was silently crying. There were tears, yet no sound. "Uh...Uh.... Hey Allison." I said, trying to cheer her up. "Hi Liam...." She said sadly. "So..." I said. How was I going to cheer her up? "So..." She said, focusing on me instead of the old sixties movie. I looked over into her green eyes. They were dull. "I heard about N-" I started to say, but Allison started sobbing. She leaned down and cried on my chest.

I gently hugged her as tears streamed down her face. "It's not the fact that Niall is dating a girl. That wouldn't hurt. It's the fact he's dating the girl that bullied me all my life." She said. I know it's the fact Niall's dating a girl. "You're such a horrible liar." I said. She wasn't lieing about Amanda. Niall told me how she would threaten her and even hurt her. She was so beautiful- wait- Why did I just call her beautiful? I can't be falling in love! I looked down to see her, snuggled against my chest sobbing. Here was the chance Liam. Do it. Do it. Do it. She needed to get him off her mind. Inbetween sobs, she gently whispered "Liam!!!" As if snapping my out of my trance. I leaned in.

Our lips just met when Niall walks through the door. He's soaked. Well it feels like our lips just met when really its been two hours. Niall walked over to us when we were blind. We couldn't hear him or see him- HE WAS LIKE A NINJA. I felt him pry us apart and sit inbetween us. "Well hello too!" Allison yelled. "Hey! I got stood up- had to walk home in the pouring rain because YOU didn't answer the phone- AND I walk in to see Fabio here and you kissing!" He said madly. I whispered in his ear. "Are you sure you don't love her?" He nodded yes. "Well you were on a date with Amanda!" I yelled. "IT WAS A DARE!" He yelled. Gosh. They sounded like an old couple. "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Allison yelled. Niall madly stood up and ran across the street.

Allison sat back down on the couch. "Sorry... Niall can be... Odd." I said. "And loud!" I added jokingly. This made her smile a little as we cuddled watching old movies. She went and got us some popcorn. She sat back down, smiling. "What?" I asked. "You think this popcorns for you!" She said jokingly, handing me some of the popcorn. She was like Niall and so many ways. I looked her in the eyes while she had popcorn in her mouth. Funny moments. She swallowed and I leaned in. Our lips met. She had soft lips. Summer walked in. "Awkward..." She said backing out. She always seems to come at the most awkward moments.

Allison's pov

Kissing Liam was great- but for some reason I wish he was Niall... I don't like or love Niall or anything! It's odd really. I pulled away. "What's wrong?" He asked. "N-Nothing." I said, getting up. "I just need some time to think!" I ran up the stairs. "You're in love with Niall aren't you?" Liam asked. "No way! He's my best friend!" I yelled. "That's what they all say. So If I wasn't your best friend, you'd fall for me?" Liam asked. I stood silently then kinda nodded. "Then let's not be best friends." He said, pulling me into another kiss. I pulled away. "I have to get to bed." I said. "Good-night." He answered, walking through the door to my house. He walked across the street.

Kissing Liam felt wrong for some reason. I sat up and looked at Niall's house. Why was he so mad? I closed the curtains and drifted into a beautiful sleep. Liam was in love with me? Love at first sight. It has to be. Did I feel the same way? I have no idea. I'm just so confused. Ever since Niall saved my life. ~Flash back~ Niall and I were running the feilds of Ireland as the cows mooed. I laughed when he slipped and fell. He laughed back. We stood on the railroad tracks. Our railroad tracks. He had gone to pick some flowers and made me stand watch to make sure no one sees him. A train had been coming. Paralyzed, I didn't move. At the last minute, he pushed me across the railroad tracks. We were both safe. "I thought this was closed off." I said. "Me too." he confessed.

~Flash back over~ Those were the simple days. When I there wasn't one direction yet, no fans, no notes, no fanmail. No anything. "Niall Horan" Was just another name in the yearbook, and we were fifteen. I woke up to the sunshine. It was like an alarm. The first time in three days the irish boy wasn't standing at my bed. I reached out to make sure this was reality.