00

The wind howls in what seems to be in horror or sorrow, maybe both, surrounding the two girls who were unsure as to what they had just done.

"Did we just..." The blonde trails off, eyes wide as she stares at the scene in front of her.

The pink haired girl sighs. "Yeah." she says, wiping a bloodied hand on her now ruined jeans.

"Shit," The blonde curses. "What do we do?" She asks, running a hand through her curly hair.

Brushing a lock of hair behind her ear the pink haired girl speaks, taking initiative. "We can't leave it here, come on." she orders, grabbing the body under the armpits, grimacing at the feeling.

The blonde sighs, her brain unable to fully process what was happening due to a combination of shock and alcohol, but mostly shock. Grabbing hold of the legs, the two were able to lift the body, but only just.

it was a wonder they were able to make it back to the pink haired girl's apartment. banging on the door, the pink haired girl yells. "James! Open up! I said open up you asshat!" this continues for a solid minute before there's the sound of shuffling and the door creaks open, revealing a rather grumpy looking boy. The pink haired girl smiles nervously under the boy's harsh glare. "James, dear brother, I love you so, so much-"

"Bloody hell, Ara, do you want the neighbours to file another noise complaint against me?" He hisses,
before taking in the scene before him. A very limp and somewhat bloody body of a girl, she couldn't have been older than seventeen he decides, is hanging off the shoulder of his sister's friend. "Ara, please tell me that the girl hanging off your friend's shoulder is just piss drunk and the blood on her clothes and yours, might I add, is just ketchup."

Noticing his sister's expression falter he sighs, rubbing his temples. "Get inside quickly, before you draw attention to yourself." At those words, the girls drag in the body as quickly as they can (which isn't so quick, as dead bodies are quite heavy), laying it down on the couch, much to James' protest.

Once they were done laying the body down the two girls turn to the older boy, who clearly wants an explanation. Ara opens her mouth to speak, only to close it as James shushed her.

"It's three am, I'm tired as fuck. If I'm going to become an accomplice in the murder of someone, I need a coffee." He says, walking towards the kitchen leaving the girls in silence, unsure what to do or say as they stare at the dead body.

The air was already cold due to it being early in the morning, but now it felt as if there was a haunting chill to the breeze that whistles through the apartment. The two girls share a somber glance towards the other.

The silence was soon broken by James poking his head back into the room. "Oh, and, if any blood gets on the carpet neither of you two will make it back to Hogwarts," He says in a cheerful tone. "At least, not alive."

"James you can't find Hogwarts, it's hidden from muggl-"

"Ah, ah, ah," He waves his finger in the air in a patronizing manner. "Coffee first, your bullshit later." And with that he struts back towards the kitchen, leaving Ara pouting at being interrupted and the blonde girl holding back her laughter.

"Shut up, Lesley." Ara glares at the blonde, who puts her hands up in mock-surrender.

"I didn't say anything." She smirks, not even flinching at the glare being shot her way. As they joke around, the two can almost forget about the dead body draped on the couch in front of them, almost.

Their out of place laughter is soon cut short as James returns to the room, sipping his cup of black coffee. "Ah," He sighs dramatically as he takes a sip. "That's better, now." He turns to the two girls. "Tell me how you got into this mess."

Ara sucks in a sharp breath before responding. "It's kind of a long story."

"Bullshit, if you want me to help you, I've got to know exactly what happened." James snaps, sipping more coffee.

The girl nods and smirks slightly while looking at her blonde friend, who looks down, suddenly fascinated by the beige carpet. "Well..." Ara opens her mouth to speak, and soon enough the truth comes out.

At least, her version of the truth does.

And so it begins.