doctor needle

a.n.// i really really kind of don't like some of this at all but hey ya know i can't write it any better at the moment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

- eden 

- - -

   He groaned. Pain, in his head. Something hit him? Hard. Metal bar. Shouts were audible through a thick fog. Shouts? People. Where. Not close enough. The ground underneath him was densely packed dirt, and everything seemed too bright. 

   There was a figure approaching, nothing more than a silhouette blocking the path of the white light. He didn't recognise the person's outline. The light pierced his eyes despite squinting, shooting straight through into his brain and poking thorns all over. Sore. Hurting eyes. Close them. The light didn't falter at all, and was just covered with a deep red drape that made it seem pink. Pain welled up in his temple like blood in a wound, and throbbed there until the darkness clouded his vision again.

- - -

   A regular, quiet dripping. He was lying down, on a bed of some sort. Bright light streamed through a window on the wall near his feet, white and harsh. It looked like he was in a hospital room of some sort, but... that didn't explain why the light coming in the window was so bright, like floodlights.

   His eyelids felt like they were glued together, and when he finally prised them open it felt like he'd torn the skin. He blinked, and his eyelids crashed together, sticking slightly, all the sounds magnified massively.

   His nose was itchy. He moved to scratch it, but found he couldn't. Opening his eyes properly, he lifted his head to see why his hands couldn't move. Only he couldn't do that either. He was frozen in place.

   "Hello?" His voice came out like a croak. He cleared his throat and tried again. "Hello?!"

   There was no reply. The dripping continued, barely noticeable, and he looked as much as he could for the source. An IV drip was on a stand to the side of the bed, too far away for him to reach. Not that he could move to reach it. A tube was going into the inside of his elbow from it. The liquid in the bag didn't look... right. It looked green-ish, kind of like how thick glass looks.

   The room was bare apart from this. His bed, an IV drip, and a single window with the blinds down.

   Someone entered the room. He could see them moving in his peripheral vision. They approached him slowly, but when he blinked and looked again they were gone. Confused, he looked again, and suddenly, their face was inches away from his.

   Their face alone was terrifying. A man, age unguessable, stared at him with completely white, milky eyes. A doctor's mask, with a horrific, stretched grin painted on, covered the lower half of his face, and he had large, oozing scabs where his nose and ears should be. There were faint scars latticing his skin.

   "Hello, child!" He said in a high, breathy voice. "My name is Doctor Needle, and I will be operating on you today!" His voice was as bright and hollow as a light bulb.

   Doctor Needle lifted a syringe, and the petrified boy tried to move his hand, his leg, anything, anything to get away from the syringe but to no avail. He opened his mouth to scream; maybe there was someone nearby who could help. The doctor clamped a cold, clammy hand over his mouth before he could get out more than a strangled yell.

   Doctor Needle plunged the syringe into the boy's neck, and depressed the plunger, and whatever malevolent substance it contained was released into his bloodstream. The last thing the boy was aware of was the smell; blood.