[001] : PILOT

───────
HEAT LICKED AT THEIR SUNBURNED FACES and coiled around their sweaty limbs as
the athletes jogged around the track on the open field. The muggy heat pressed in on them, even sweating was no good, It trickled down their necks and backs and stuck onto their tanned skin. Their Hair clung to their heads locking in the heat as it poured into their veins. The air - so hot it was though they were breathing in liquid fire that burned their lungs. Yet, they didn't procrastinate neither did they stop practicing until the coach blew his rather obnoxious whistle and called for the team to huddle up.

The boys rushed to the middle of the field surrounding Coach Styles and his son Harry, whom was also team captain. Each and every one of them was out of breath, gasping for air and holding onto their knees for support. "I'm aware that this team has been putting in maximum effort for this upcoming game against Northside High Saturday night." The Coach hollered ensuring that everyone could hear him clearly.

"Fuck yeah, we're gonna crush those assholes like we do every year." Ashton bragged his teammates agreeing with his statement whilst they made snarly remarks about their rivals. Ashton was a running back and second best player on the team, he often called the shots when Harry wasn't around.

"But I'm seeing grades, and their not looking too good. Like I said before, you have to maintain a 2.5 or higher to play on this team. Get your shit together or you all will be sitting on the bench for the remainder of the semester." Coach Styles warned with an stern expression on his face and coldness to his words. Half of the team groaned and rolled their eyes knowing they weren't so good at their academics and instead put all their hard work into football. Harry on the other hand was a top scholar. He had his grades together, his life together plus he was the best player on the team, he never worried too much about his fathers threats.

"Alright practice is over, go home and do some fucking homework for Christ sake." Their Coach grumbled making his way off the field. Harry stayed behind, hoping to get a few more workouts in before he took off home. He joined his friends who were standing on the tracks laughing and grinning to themselves. Luke, Ashton's fraternal twin brother was the first to see Harry approach them.

"Aye, check out the new girl." Luke smirked nudging Harry in the shoulder and nodding his head towards the bleachers. His emerald eyes trailed over to the petite girl sitting by herself. The first thing Harry noticed was her dark brown hair that cascaded down her shoulder blades, her size alone screamed that she was young maybe a sophomore or junior. The girl looked up, and found Harry starring at her intently, being polite she shyly waves at him which resulted in him blushing and looking away quickly.

"Y-yeah she's cute I guess."

"Yo' I totally just saw that. She was checking you out man." Zayn chuckles referring to their small encounter as he gently hits Harry in the arm.

"Aw look he's blushing." Luke mocks, Ashton snickers shaking his head and folding his arms across his bare chest. Harry averts his gaze back towards the girl again watching as she was too focused in a book, her pale legs crossing at her ankles. He takes notice to the outfit she wore which consisted of fishnets, a white skater skirt, along with a crop top with the adidas label plastered on it.

"She's not my type."

"She doesn't have to be your type to fuck her man." Ashton scoffs. He didn't want to admit it, but he was a bit jealous of Harold. Why couldn't he ever get the prettiest girls, be team captain, or even have the most popularity? It sucked knowing you'll never be better then someone when you work so hard to try.